Who do you want/who do we need?

WDMHAWKEYE

2016 Class

Here are my thoughts and be reasonable. Also who doe everyone think we have a good shot at?

PG - Charlie Moore or C.J. Walker
SG - Kevin Huerter
SF - K.J. Santos or Willie Jackson
PF - Nick Rakocevic or Tyler Cook
C - Joey Brunk

Man....good question. Not sure how many scholly's we'll have, but we need to go heavy on bigs...no pun intended. But we need a pg. It would be a tough decision on Santos vs Jackson. Tough to decide between Moore and Walker. But, I'd take the best big of that bunch (I'm not sure which one that actually is), Walker and if we have 4 scholly's (I think we do: Woody/MG/Sapp/JU) I'd take Santos and Jackson if at all possible.

Man....good question. Not sure how many scholly's we'll have, but we need to go heavy on bigs...no pun intended. But we need a pg. It would be a tough decision on Santos vs Jackson. Tough to decide between Moore and Walker. But, I'd take the best big of that bunch (I'm not sure which one that actually is), Walker and if we have 4 scholly's (I think we do: Woody/MG/Sapp/JU) I'd take Santos and Jackson if at all possible.

Nick Ward committed to Michigan State.

My wish list is in order

Xavier Simpson
Kevin Huerter
Barret Benson
Tyler Cook

get any of those guys and i'll be pretty happy.

2016 Class

Here are my thoughts and be reasonable. Also who doe everyone think we have a good shot at?

PG - Charlie Moore or C.J. Walker
SG - Kevin Huerter
SF - K.J. Santos or Willie Jackson
PF - Nick Rakocevic or Tyler Cook
C - Joey Brunk
There's a lot of players we've offered that you've left off your list.
The number one dream pair that I'd like out of what's left on the board of our offers would be Tyler Cook and PG Tony Carr.
Of course, that's a dream scenario. Rakocevic seems more possible. Both would work well with Pemsl or each other.
Barret Benson I would generally prefer to Brunk because he's more of a presence down low but I like Brunk's activity around the hoop. Dylan Painter would not be a bad fall back option from these bigs.

Barring Carr at PG, I actually am intrigued by Walker's vids, but Moore and Simpson look impressive as well. We could really use one of them to compete in the B1G at PG. Gibbs is a pipedream. I think he's going to ND.

Santos seems to have the best combination of explosiveness and outside scoring, so I'd go with him as a wing, although Heurter and Jackson are intriguing. Lamar Stevens seems to be a better prospect than all of them, but I think we'd have to pull off the miracle of getting Carr to even have a shot at his Philly AAU bud Stevens.

Guys who will make an immediate impact. This team desperately needs playmakers. Haven't had one under Fran. Some experienced transfers in the mix would help as well. Iowa needs to get in the transfer game. If Iowa isn't going to land any playmakers out of HS then use transfer market to get some. Iowa has some nice pieces that will HOPEFULLY develop but does this team look like they can compete with Indiana, Purdue, MSU, Maryland compared to their roster this season? Add a playmaker or two next season Iowa can be a contender rather than a tourney hopeful. The Big Ten is just too loaded with better talent next season for Iowa to make a move from this season with who we lost.

Guys who will make an immediate impact. This team desperately needs playmakers. Haven't had one under Fran. Some experienced transfers in the mix would help as well. Iowa needs to get in the transfer game. If Iowa isn't going to land any playmakers out of HS then use transfer market to get some. Iowa has some nice pieces that will HOPEFULLY develop but does this team look like they can compete with Indiana, Purdue, MSU, Maryland compared to their roster this season? Add a playmaker or two next season Iowa can be a contender rather than a tourney hopeful. The Big Ten is just too loaded with better talent next season for Iowa to make a move from this season with who we lost.

No playmaker's under teh Franz? argggghhhh I wonder who's been winning all those games these past few seasons?

Jok came from High School, but I don't know that he's made any playz lately ... and Uthoff, didn't he transfer from some where? If he ever becomes a playermaker, watch out huh?

and if the Big Ten is loaded and with all the non playmakers we lost, we're DOOMED!

reading this website every off season is like paint by numbers

No playmaker's under teh Franz? argggghhhh I wonder who's been winning all those games these past few seasons?

Jok came from High School, but I don't know that he's made any playz lately ... and Uthoff, didn't he transfer from some where? If he ever becomes a playermaker, watch out huh?

and if the Big Ten is loaded and with all the non playmakers we lost, we're DOOMED!

reading this website every off season is like paint by numbers

Does Iowa have anyone like Melo Trimble, Nigel Hayes, Yogi Ferrell, Denzel Valentine, Caris LeVert, Diamond Stone, A.J. Hammons? These guys are among the best of the Big Ten (and the country) play for Maryland, MSU, Wisconsin, Indiana, Michigan, Purdue. There's a reason why these 6 teams are considered the best in the Big Ten next season...they have playmakers.

http://btn.com/2015/05/06/four-big-...-top-25-players-in-college-hoops-next-season/

Does Iowa have anyone like Melo Trimble, Nigel Hayes, Yogi Ferrell, Denzel Valentine, Caris LeVert, Diamond Stone, A.J. Hammons? These guys are among the best of the Big Ten (and the country) play for Maryland, MSU, Wisconsin, Indiana, Michigan, Purdue. There's a reason why these 6 teams are considered the best in the Big Ten next season...they have playmakers.

http://btn.com/2015/05/06/four-big-...-top-25-players-in-college-hoops-next-season/

Yes, Iowa has Jarrod Uthoff - who was an All B1G player last season, just like most of the guys you listed above. If you are going to list a bunch of 2nd and 3rd teamers from last season, might as well include Iowa's. He is one of the best of the Big Ten (and country) and he plays for Iowa.

Last season, Iowa had a guy named Aaron White

The season before that, they had a guy named Marble.

they all were play makers and all were/are some of the better play makers in the conference the last 3 seasons.

Yes, Iowa has Jarrod Uthoff - who was an All B1G player last season, just like most of the guys you listed above. If you are going to list a bunch of 2nd and 3rd teamers from last season, might as well include Iowa's. He is one of the best of the Big Ten (and country) and he plays for Iowa.

Last season, Iowa had a guy named Aaron White

The season before that, they had a guy named Marble.

they all were play makers and all were/are some of the better play makers in the conference the last 3 seasons.

He must mean other than those 3 guys.

Latest posts