Who do you not have a problem losing to in the 2nd half?

HawkeyeGunner

Ok first off I would love to see the hawks come up and win all of the next 6 games and go to Indy. However I cant see it. If we where to lose to one of the next five games, which ones do we lose to? I don't have a problem losing to Wisky, but I cant stand the thought of losing to anyone else in the next 5 games (week off after wisky). Harbaugh and Michigan are just to overhyped and little bi--hes. Nebby is all ego, they've beaten nobody and I would love the idea of busting their undefeated season on BLACK Friday. PSU is psu and Illinois sucks period. Who do you not have a problem losing to in the second half of the season?

Penn State. I would say that is by far the most optimal loss. We would pretty much for sure win the division if that was the only one.

Just like every season, regardless of opponent, I don't want to LOSE to any of them! However, I don't have a problem playing competitive, strategically sound football that attacks weaknesses, puts players in the best position to succeed and seizes opportunities but still getting BEAT.

In that regard, I expect to get beat by the better teams - Wisconsin, Michigan, Nebraska.

Just like every season, regardless of opponent, I don't want to LOSE to any of them! However, I don't have a problem playing competitive, strategically sound football that attacks weaknesses, puts players in the best position to succeed and seizes opportunities but still getting BEAT.

In that regard, I expect to get beat by the better teams - Wisconsin, Michigan, Nebraska.

I cant see the Nebby loss. They have had a schedule similar to Iowa's. Their sched is back loaded just like Iowas Wisky, Osu and Iowa are away games and they still play Minny and Maryland. So I think they may have their world rocked a couple of times.

I don't have a problem playing competitive, strategically sound football that attacks weaknesses, puts players in the best position to succeed and seizes opportunities

You mean you assume you wouldn't have a problem with that. Since we don't attack weaknesses or put players in the best position to succeed, you can't be sure.

The only team they clearly SHOULD beat is Illinois.

The only team they seem to have little to no chance against is Michigan.

The rest are too close to be disappointed in a loss ( assuming, as STILL said, they seem to be doing everything they can to win ).

But yeah, Nebby would be tough to take, especially if that wins the West for them.

The only team they clearly SHOULD beat is Illinois.

The only team they seem to have little to no chance against is Michigan.

The rest are too close to be disappointed in a loss ( assuming, as STILL said, they seem to be doing everything they can to win ).

But yeah, Nebby would be tough to take, especially if that wins the West for them.

Penn State 2008 anyone? Maybe we will do a 2008 again. Remember how everyone was so blah about that season and then we upset PSU and everything fell into place? Lightning can strike twice.

Penn State 2008 anyone? Maybe we will do a 2008 again. Remember how everyone was so blah about that season and then we upset PSU and everything fell into place? Lightning can strike twice.

Yes it can. However, considering the odds of any given person getting struck by lightning during their lifetime (approx 80 years) is 1 in 3000, I'd think it is pretty unlikely to strike twice. I'm no statistician but would guess a simplistic estimate for that second strike to be 1 in 6000 over 80 years from that 2008 game?

Then again considering GarBar's indiscriminate propensity for doling out extensions, derKirkFer will prolly still be coaching here 72 years from now, so, it's likely Iowa will have another "lightning strike" upset of a top 10 ranked team under KF.

Wisconsin and Michingan. Just because I'm of the opinion Iowa has no chance in hell to beat either of those teams.

Ok first off I would love to see the hawks come up and win all of the next 6 games and go to Indy. However I cant see it. If we where to lose to one of the next five games, which ones do we lose to? I don't have a problem losing to Wisky, but I cant stand the thought of losing to anyone else in the next 5 games (week off after wisky). Harbaugh and Michigan are just to overhyped and little bi--hes. Nebby is all ego, they've beaten nobody and I would love the idea of busting their undefeated season on BLACK Friday. PSU is psu and Illinois sucks period. Who do you not have a problem losing to in the second half of the season?
I'd seen a question on twitter that said who's your most hated rival. My answer was who ever we are playing next. Week to week baby. Who you played last week and in 2 weeks don't matter unless your on a bye. To say I'd rather lose this game or that game instead just isn't a mindset I want to get into.

Yes it can. However, considering the odds of any given person getting struck by lightning during their lifetime (approx 80 years) is 1 in 3000, I'd think it is pretty unlikely to strike twice. I'm no statistician but would guess a simplistic estimate for that second strike to be 1 in 6000 over 80 years from that 2008 game?

Then again considering GarBar's indiscriminate propensity for doling out extensions, derKirkFer will prolly still be coaching here 72 years from now, so, it's likely Iowa will have another "lightning strike" upset of a top 10 ranked team under KF.

Also, the odds of the strike this year would be a lot higher if Mitch King was still around. The d-line could use a playmaker. Or DJK. The receivers could use a playmaker. Or Sash. Or- you get my point.

And, JoePa was KF before KF was KF. Not the most aggressive coach. Harbaugh is not JoePa / KF.

Latest posts