Who do we want to win?

SC was lucky to have escaped with a home W vs. a very good Oregon State team. I really don't care much as to what the Pac-10, SEC, etc... teams of note do from one week to the next. I DO care about what the Hawks do in terms of taking care of business in the Big Ten from one week to the next. Indiana and Northwestern, both pose different sets of problems for the Hawks, and you just can't pencil those games in as automatic W's on the schedule before OSU. KF has the Hawks focused on Indiana, no one else, bank on that. I'm just glad the players aren't partaking of the Kool-Aid. Lots of FB left to be played. Hopefully, we won't have any serious injuries the rest of the year.

Oregon if we make it to the Rose Bowl a game against Oregon takes away much of the home field advantage PAC-10 has when USC plays there.

Iowa probably matches up better with USC than they do Oregon. But the Rose Bowl is in USC's back yard, so it's basically a road game. But Iowa all ready has several big road wins this year. At the same time, if it was Iowa/Oregon, there would be 50,000 Hawk fans in attendance.

Such a predicament!

Clearly I am a fan of the Ohio State University for the next two weeks. I want them to win convincingly v. N. Mex State and Penn State. I don't want any changes at QB. We can beat Pryor. Further, the eyes of the collegiate football world will be on Columbus on Nov the 14th! It is time that Iowa cements their position not only in this years rankings but, in a greater sense, in NCAA football. We have flirted with it for years but this year is the golden opportunity! All the past keystrokes on this topic will not have been done in vain!!!! It is now gentlemen.... This will be our finest hour! (Props to Wintson!)

Last edited:
Clearly I am a fan of the Ohio State University for the next two weeks. I want them to win convincingly v. N. Mex State and Penn State. I don't want any changes at QB. We can beat Pryor. Further, the eyes of the collegiate football world will be on Columbus on Nov the 14th! It is time that Iowa cements their position not only in this years rankings but, in a greater sense, in NCAA football. We have flirted with it for years but this year is the golden opportunity! All the past keystrokes on this topic will not have been done in vain!!!! It is now gentlemen.... This will be our finest hour! (Props to Wintson!)

Or, Iowa wins their next two games, Penn State beats OSU in 2 weeks, and it doesn't matter. I'd prefer that scenario.

it's like picking between the lesser of two evils. As much as we DON'T match up with the Spread offense, I would love to Oregon win. USC just scares me talent wise and the Rose bowl is in their back yard as mentioned above numerous times. I think there would be more benefits for us to play Oregon in the Rose Bowl rather than USC.

I'd prefer PSU won out, we go 3-1 (if not 4-0) and we go to Pasadena...Jan 1st or Jan 7th!

***Edit - And I'm maintaining my stance that I would rather have USC than Oregon

Usc needs to lose, texas needs to lose to Okie st, oklahoma lose to okie st, Penn State win over all they play. Wisconsin is also playing for us, so we need them to win as well. Believe it or not Iowa State needs to keep winning that will help Iowa's SOS.
Alabama is struggling right now and may get knocked off, Florida is not invincible either.
This thing is still wide open, But Iowa absolutely needs to win out.
The injury situation coupled with Indiana is better than everyone here is giving them credit for, scares me.
Iowa should win but a let down is understandable and could be expected.

Are you kidding me?! How is this even a question? OREGON DUCKS! A 2-loss USC team is finally out of the BCS picture and we don't have to hear all about all their NFL talent and how good they are despite the hiccup at Washington. This should also make Pete Carroll go away, which would be nice. Quack.

I still have yet to hear ANYONE say Arizona! if Arizona wins out, they are there. They play both Oregon at home and at USC still. They also would have to win at Cal, and a rivalry game with ASU, but that is definately the team I would take. I'll take anyone they put in front of us right now, as long as it comes from a BCS conference. Don't want to see Boise or TCU, otherwise, non issue for me. Arizona definately has a better than average chance in all those games, and its not a far cry to think we could get a rematch in pasadena.

Oregon definately. Somebody needs to knock that one loss USC out of the top 5. In a perfect world there is no way a one loss team should be ahead of an unbeaten team.

Oregon should win if only for their beautiful forests. I'd love for the football season end to feature a Oregon-Iowa game (my two homes).

Arizona and Iowa State could do us HUGE favors by continuing to win. Penn State needs to win out as well. Yes that takes a little bit away from the Ohio State game but Ohio State already has 2 losses and we NEED NEED NEED another Big 10 team to have us as their only defeat so that we have a marquee win over a top 10 team on the road.

Latest posts