Whitey

DowsHawk1

Aaron has had a great start to the year shooting 71% from the field to lead the team, 85% from the line and is leading the team in rebounding. One stat that did blow my mind was that he's had 10 turnovers - 6 more than several Hawks who are next in line with 4. I think we know what we get from AW and I'm not overly concerned about his ball security, but I will probably watch that aspect of his game a bit closer after seeing this. I posted this just because I think many will be as surprised with that number as I was.

Aaron has had a great start to the year shooting 71% from the field to lead the team, 85% from the line and is leading the team in rebounding. One stat that did blow my mind was that he's had 10 turnovers - 6 more than several Hawks who are next in line with 4. I think we know what we get from AW and I'm not overly concerned about his ball security, but I will probably watch that aspect of his game a bit closer after seeing this. I posted this just because I think many will be as surprised with that number as I was.

71% from the field indicates that Whitey's been playing as a man among boys these first few games. 85% from the line is a really good sign as he'll be shooting there a lot this season. I think he's gotten more turnovers partially because he's getting more attention. Until this last game, he was the only consistent offensive force out there. I'm glad Marble is getting back on track. Now it's Gesell's turn. Aaron is also being more assertive in looking for his offense, which is going to lead to more TOs since a main part of that for him is drives to the basket.

I'm not ready to jump off a ledge, but it does raise a red flag when your three has more then double the turnovers of anyone else on the team. If it was Jok or JU we'd say he's just adjusting to college game. AW is a returning 2 year starter. He's been killing teams in every other area but his ball control has been suspect. I don't buy we should expect it as the defense pressure on him was ramped up. These teams trying to lock him down are likely no more than average man pressure in the Big Ten.

I expect Fran has had or will have a lets be strong with the ball son chat shortly and with just a little focus he'll likely fix it.

I will be ready to proclaim White has taken the next step as a leader when he knocks down some big free throws with under 2 minutes left in games.

He REALLY struggled with that last year and needs to step up this year as an upperclassman.

I'm not ready to jump off a ledge, but it does raise a red flag when your three has more then double the turnovers of anyone else on the team. If it was Jok or JU we'd say he's just adjusting to college game. AW is a returning 2 year starter. He's been killing teams in every other area but his ball control has been suspect. I don't buy we should expect it as the defense pressure on him was ramped up. These teams trying to lock him down are likely no more than average man pressure in the Big Ten.

I expect Fran has had or will have a lets be strong with the ball son chat shortly and with just a little focus he'll likely fix it.

I think he's always going to have one of the higher turnover rates on the team due to the way he draws fouls. He's very good at exaggerating contact and getting to the line, but when he doesn't get the call a lot of those possessions end up in turnovers. He also was extremely sloppy with the ball against UNO, those turnovers need to be corrected, but I think you have to live with the ones where he's trying to get a foul called.

He also seems to be the highest energy, most active player on the team, and that is a huge plus. That also may contribute to his turnovers total. Just curious, what's his turnover to minutes ratio compared to the rest of the team?

We are going to win a lot more games with White than we would without White. That's really all that matters to me. My point...He's not perfect and will make some mistakes and miss an occasional FT, etc. But he does so many things so well and has some swagger this year...love the swagger/confidence. I'm glad he's on our side...would hate to play against him which may be the ultimate compliment.

Latest posts