While looking at plus/minus stats I found a lineup...

Foval21

That out scored the Illini but was never seen in the second half.

pg - gesell/clemmons
sg - ogelsby
sf - uthoff
pf - white
c - woodybury

this group was +6 together. But since Uthoff didn't play in the second half it was not used again.

Iowa has to have stat guys telling Fran and company what groups of players are working at half. I mean what else are the grad assistants and others doing except keeping stats.

I think you also need to look at the Illannoy lineup at that time for accurate assessment.

I think you also need to look at the Illannoy lineup at that time for accurate assessment.

It was an eight min time frame (1/5 of the game) if a lineup is working and others aren't you would think you would at least try it again. Yet Uthoff never played in the second half, clemmons didn't play until the very end of game after that stretch. I don't think it is a 30 min lineup but why couldn't it have been tried in the second half since so many other lineups were struggling.

i believe in the theory...if it ain't broke don't fix it. Or keep it simple stupid (kiss). Both tell me to use it if it seemed to work.

I guess you have to give credit to the D but I think a lot of this had to do with Illinois went ice cold after they had jumped out to a 20-6 lead. How

So they started off red hot and then came back to earth, but maybe I'm over simplifying. They went 5 scoreless minutes.

Latest posts