Which player on this team is being underused and will do bigger things in the NFL?

Grady

My nomination is #21 Wetjer. Versus Ohio St. I don't think he touched the ball once on offense. Versus Sparty he carried the ball once on the first play of the 2nd half and gained 11 yds. After that, nothing. We all know he's one of the best -- if not THE best -- kickoff and punt returner in the BTen, but yet he's 2nd string slot receiver on a horrid offensive team. He's fast, super-quick, and I'd bet money a GM and coach in the NFL will figure out a way to put his skills to good use.

Cade McNamara hands down.

He’s going to get drafted in the 1st round and prove to all of the Ferentz haters why he was handpicked to be the starter.

John Nestor, Deshaun Lee, TJ Hall, and Xavier Nwankpa

Sorry, I should not pick on Iowa's secondary, but there seems to be a lot of potential talent there that has not developed at a rate Iowa fans expect. But there is still time for one or two of them to step up. I really thought Lee was going to be the man this year, not sure what happened.

John Nestor, especially I think can still go through a Riley Moss type conversion and become a shut down corner by the time he is a senior.

John Nestor, Deshaun Lee, TJ Hall, and Xavier Nwankpa

Sorry, I should not pick on Iowa's secondary, but there seems to be a lot of potential talent there that has not developed at a rate Iowa fans expect. But there is still time for one or two of them to step up. I really thought Lee was going to be the man this year, not sure what happened.

John Nestor, especially I think can still go through a Riley Moss type conversion and become a shut down corner by the time he is a senior.
Not sure what you're basing this on besides hope but I've seen nothing to support this. XN is slow. He should bulk up and play linebacker. He can bring the hammer but he can't run with WRs or cover anybody. And none of those other 3 have shown anything besides the ability to grab and commit penalties. Granted they are all young yet maybe they'll develop. But I haven't seen anything from em yet.

Charlie Jones had a KO return for a TD, yesterday.

Tracy didn't do much in a bad loss, but he is an NFL starting RB with a 100 yard game on his resume.

Not sure what you're basing this on besides hope but I've seen nothing to support this. XN is slow. He should bulk up and play linebacker. He can bring the hammer but he can't run with WRs or cover anybody. And none of those other 3 have shown anything besides the ability to grab and commit penalties. Granted they are all young yet maybe they'll develop. But I haven't seen anything from em yet.
#2 Hall looked like he had potential last season, but this year he's just looked lost, overmatched due to his small size, or both. Sat night he had coverage on a guy, and even after the guy caught a crossing route pass in front of him, Hall kept retreating -- he's truly in over his head. Nestor is too slow to play CB in the BTen...his body type looks more like a Safety...I see him replacing Castro next year at the Cash position. #8 Lee has shown the best ability to cover WRs 1-on-1, and he has potential shut-down ability. Versus Washington he blew a coverage which led to a big gainer, and he hasn't seen the field since -- but he's got the tools and has the most potential of the CBs on the roster. Nwamkpa has been a huge disappointment, and after one good tackling game, on Sat he reverted to diving at the opponent's feet, which has been his M.O. this year.

Latest posts