Which NCAA head coaches command your respect?

Cancer may have had something to do with that, too. Just sayin'.

Well everyone eventually retires (or dies) and there are examples of people going out on top. The reason people remember that happening is because it doesn't happen often.

I'm sure it was a lot better on Fry's health to get the heck out of coaching. That's a lot harder to walk away from when you're winning though.

Its a famous quote *******, I believe it was either Ralph Waldo Emerson or Wiz Khalifa, or maybe it was in the bible.

I'm pretty sure it's from the movie "Cocktail".

You need a time out I think. You seem to have your panties in a bunch.

Ok, "sleazy" was a poor choice of words. I just meant that I don't need our coach to be Mr. Goody Two Shoes if he's winning.

I don't want anyone who would cheat but someone like Urban Meyer who doesn't mind playing dirty would be ok.

I appreciate the way Ferentz runs a clean program. Unfortunately college sports have gone the way a lot of corporations, politicians, etc. where the lines of right and wrong have been blurred so badly that it's hard to compete. I think CPR is trying to run a pretty clean program at ISU while I think fast Freddy may have brought some NBA ways to ISU basketball. In the end you follow what your beliefs are and accept what you want. We're all different.

What does that even mean? What are you trying to imply? So he is thinking outside the box by using NBA concepts, running NBA sets, somehow that is dirty? There may be some sleaze involved, but his on court philosophy ain't one of them.

What does that even mean? What are you trying to imply? So he is thinking outside the box by using NBA concepts, running NBA sets, somehow that is dirty? There may be some sleaze involved, but his on court philosophy ain't one of them.

Pulling scholarships as often as Fred does is very SEC footballish

I don't want anyone who would cheat but someone like Urban Meyer who doesn't mind playing dirty would be ok.

Yeah, that's about where I'm at. I don't want the program to end up on probation and lose schollys (no thanks), but I'm OK with most anything else.

Famous or not, John Elway says it's BS. Listen to John Elway.

Didnt realize John Elway was an NCAA football coach. If were taking about players plenty have ended in a great way, Michael Jordan for example.

Going out in a gorgeous Bullets throwback jersey against the 76ers in April, that's how I always pictured the GOAT ending his career

Didnt realize John Elway was an NCAA football coach. If were taking about players plenty have ended in a great way, Michael Jordan for example.

Going out in a gorgeous Bullets throwback jersey against the 76ers in April, that's how I always pictured the GOAT ending his career

Didn't realize your original post was limited to coaches.