Which NCAA head coaches command your respect?

Kirk Ferentz. I respect him. I think he's a good man. I wish he was not Iowa's fb coach, however.

I have a lot of respect for kf personally...not many CFB coaches I'd say that about. Professionally, I think he's overstayed his welcome.

Saban, because he wins. I've been a fan of a clean program that never sniffs a NC for a while now. Id like to try the other option.

I have a lot of respect for kf personally...not many CFB coaches I'd say that about. Professionally, I think he's overstayed his welcome.

Yup, agreed. I think KF is a pretty good guy (don't know him personally of course) but the on-field results aren't really there anymore. In the end, that's what counts, not just whether he's a good human being or not. He's still being paid to win football games, and being paid extremely handsomely to do so.

Some of you are sure to disagree with me, but I'd rather have an arrogant/sleazy coach who wins than a nice guy who doesn't. For me, there's little fun in losing.

I appreciate the way Ferentz runs a clean program. Unfortunately college sports have gone the way a lot of corporations, politicians, etc. where the lines of right and wrong have been blurred so badly that it's hard to compete. I think CPR is trying to run a pretty clean program at ISU while I think fast Freddy may have brought some NBA ways to ISU basketball. In the end you follow what your beliefs are and accept what you want. We're all different.

Yup, agreed. I think KF is a pretty good guy (don't know him personally of course) but the on-field results aren't really there anymore. In the end, that's what counts, not just whether he's a good human being or not. He's still being paid to win football games, and being paid extremely handsomely to do so.

Some of you are sure to disagree with me, but I'd rather have an arrogant/sleazy coach who wins than a nice guy who doesn't. For me, there's little fun in losing.

Arrogant, sure. Sleazy, no thanks.

Latest posts