Which Fran teams overachieved?

bassdeer

Which Fran teams overachieved and how does what they achieved with their talent compare to more recent teams?

raw

^^^ The answer to the question: "Is Fran what we need to become relevant?"

If he ever finishes above 10th place in the league he overachieves. That based on where the recruiting sites base his classes . They consider him one of the worst recruiters in the big ten

If he ever finishes above 10th place in the league he overachieves. That based on where the recruiting sites base his classes . They consider him one of the worst recruiters in the big ten
So why do you worry about the recruiting rankings? It’s clear they aren’t indicative of the results on the floor. Either that or you have to give Fran a good amount of credit for developing the talent, but of course you won’t do that.

So why do you worry about the recruiting rankings? It’s clear they aren’t indicative of the results on the floor. Either that or you have to give Fran a good amount of credit for developing the talent, but of course you won’t do that.
I never really question his coaching just his recruiting . I know he can coach . Some of his screen sets to get a player open are the best in the game . His inbounds plays designed to score under the other teams basket shouldn’t take a back seat to anyone. He is trying to make ice cream out of shit. Something is off kilter when he shows up to someone’s living room and can’t get anyone to buy his message . Whether it’s him or his assistants . This recruiting is so bad it’s now become funny.

I never really question his coaching just his recruiting . I know he can coach . Some of his screen sets to get a player open are the best in the game . His inbounds plays designed to score under the other teams basket shouldn’t take a back seat to anyone. He is trying to make ice cream out of shit. Something is off kilter when he shows up to someone’s living room and can’t get anyone to buy his message . Whether it’s him or his assistants . This recruiting is so bad it’s now become funny.

How is it now funny when he just brought in Garza & Nunge and is bringing in more next year?

How is it now funny when he just brought in Garza & Nunge and is bringing in more next year?
Garza and Nunge ???? They are the other teams wet dream. We just gave them four years of a matchup they can exploit . Do you watch other big ten games where the other teams play each other? We need the Maryland center not Garza . If Fran can’t get the the Maryland center types than it’s time we need someone who can recruit better athletes

There was two back to back years of poor recruiting. Other than that his recruiting has been fine, not great but not atrocious. Overall I gave him a grade of a C+ so far in recruting but things are looking better with future classes.

There was two back to back years of poor recruiting. Other than that his recruiting has been fine, not great but not atrocious. Overall I gave him a grade of a C+ so far in recruting but things are looking better with future classes.
According to the sites he has only had two classes not ranked near the bottom . His next year class is ranked near the bottom too

According to the sites he has only had two classes not ranked near the bottom . His next year class is ranked near the bottom too
Who cares about rankings?? We had 4 strait 1st team all conference players. We were one of 3 teams to be .500 or better over the last 5 years coming into this season. This season sucks and I’ve even mentioned the possibility of moving on from Fran because of the debacle this year, but you the rankings clearly don’t mean that much.

Who cares about rankings?? We had 4 strait 1st team all conference players. We were one of 3 teams to be .500 or better over the last 5 years coming into this season. This season sucks and I’ve even mentioned the possibility of moving on from Fran because of the debacle this year, but you the rankings clearly don’t mean that much.
I could give two shits in a doggy bag on fire who gets all conference or not . I want players and athletes who will make us relevant on a national level on a consistent basis . You get that by having tourney wins

I could give two shits in a doggy bag on fire who gets all conference or not . I want players and athletes who will make us relevant on a national level on a consistent basis . You get that by having tourney wins
Yes and when Iowa won a game in back to back tournaments everyone was talking about how Fran was solid at recruiting and identifying talent.

Now as I’ve noted he had the really bad classes that are hurting us this year. However many of us see the potential in Cook, Nunge Garza, and Weiskamp. But as I’ve said Fran deserves plenty of heat for what we are seeing this year and it may cost him his job.

Yes and when Iowa won a game in back to back tournaments everyone was talking about how Fran was solid at recruiting and identifying talent.

Now as I’ve noted he had the really bad classes that are hurting us this year. However many of us see the potential in Cook, Nunge Garza, and Weiskamp. But as I’ve said Fran deserves plenty of heat for what we are seeing this year and it may cost him his job.
The recruiting experts weren’t saying he recruited well in those two years maybe fans on a message board not recruiting sites. The two wins were nice but the main problem Fran has had only one deep post season run and I can’t believe I’m even mentioning the NIT is because he is a shitty recruiter .

Whites team. We expect Frans teams to wilt down the stretch (or in this years case, wilt from the beginning), and Whites was the ONLY ONE that finished strong.

Whites team. We expect Frans teams to wilt down the stretch (or in this years case, wilt from the beginning), and Whites was the ONLY ONE that finished strong.
Actually, only two teams didn't play their best ball of the season during the 2nd half of conference play.

Why do you really think he can coach? Watch Iowa fundamentals v the better programs. Body position especially. Aren't rotations about coaching in the game? Is holding the ball and forcing up a shot when the clock expires not abot coaching? OK, I'll give him in bound plays. A passer isn't being guarded on those though.

Another one who wants to blame players basically. Calling this young people that name is highly immature.

Iowa is lacking on talent. This post is.....shit.

Why do you really think he can coach? Watch Iowa fundamentals v the better programs. Body position especially. Aren't rotations about coaching in the game? Is holding the ball and forcing up a shot when the clock expires not abot coaching? OK, I'll give him in bound plays. A passer isn't being guarded on those though.

Another one who wants to blame players basically. Calling this young people that name is highly immature.

Iowa is lacking on talent. This post is.....shit.
So if a coach told him where to be when the ball gets to the spot but the player is so unathletic he can’t get to that spot and you are going to blame coaching for positioning ? Your knowledge of the game is shit.

Latest posts