Which Big Ten team is most likely to lose in week one?

Which Big Ten team is most likely to lose in Week 1?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I would say 60-40 odds they beat uni. Would not surprise me if it is very close. Uni should be very good this year after a sub par season.

By the way, am I the only one who thinks Gary Reima is about as annoying as those gals on the view?

FreedComanche

KABOOOMMMM!!!!!

Northwestern is coming in cocky and will fall as most Big 10 teams don't do well traveling west in the regular season. Jet lag and time difference will clip the Cats.

If ANY Big Ten team loses in week one, the Big Ten Conference will start off with a black eye. There are absolutely no games that any Big Ten teams should lose in week one. I am tired of people saying the Big Ten is down (again).

But I think Purdue has the best chance to lose at Cincinnati.

If ANY Big Ten team loses in week one, the Big Ten Conference will start off with a black eye. There are absolutely no games that any Big Ten teams should lose in week one. I am tired of people saying the Big Ten is down (again).

I'm not sure I agree with this statement. I think as a whole, nationally there wouldn't be much shock in the event Cincinatti beat Purdue. I honestly don't see to many people saying that's a game Purdue should win.

I dunno about that.......there could be 3 or 4 teams that lose in week one.

Does anybody remember the Purdue-Oregon series a while back. Purdue was very competitive in those games, I was for sure that the Boilermakers were on the upswing...

On to Iowa, it seems most years Iowa teams struggle in the first game of the year. This game scares me alot. I'd say Iowa and Northwestern have the greatest odds of losing their first game of the year. Seriously hope not, because we need to start beating these middle of the pack teams.

I'm saying that any Big Ten teams should, in a perfect world, be good enough to beat every one of those teams in week 1.

I then went on to say that Purdue has the best chance of losing. I know that half the teams could lose to those teams. But it shouldn't be that way.

We need to stop accepting mediocrity.

Northwestern is coming in cocky and will fall as most Big 10 teams don't do well traveling west in the regular season. Jet lag and time difference will clip the Cats.

I chose Northwestern, as well. I just couldn't pick the Hawks, even though we have as good a shot at losing as the Wildcats.

Penn State might be in for a tangle at Syracuse, too.

Wow, Iowa fans sure do hate themselves some Iowa this year. More people voted for Iowa to lose AT HOME against a MAC team than Voted for Purdue on the road against a Bigeast team.

Wow, Iowa fans sure do hate themselves some Iowa this year. More people voted for Iowa to lose AT HOME against a MAC team than Voted for Purdue on the road against a Bigeast team.

Yeah, that kind of surprises me, unless Cincy isn't returning much.

I just think NW having to go to Berkeley is a tough trip. Then again, NIU coming to Iowa City is no longer the gimme it once was.

NW at Cal is a Beartrap in the first game.
Cats go down.

I like the play on words there. You clever!

I also think this could happen. And maybe NW is buying into the hype a little this year (for our sake, I hope they do!)

But then again, Fitz is usually pretty good with getting players' heads on straight.

Latest posts