Where would DJK have gone?

DexterMorgan

Without the arrest. Don't throw out that he's still had the issues with Ferentz and his cockiness, but simply if we wouldn't have gotten caught, thrown off the team etc.

I think he'd be a mid round pick. Look at some of the WRs drafted from the 4th round on. You can't tell me DJk wasn't better than a lot of those guys. Heck even with his issues I still think he's a better selection than a guy from West Texas A&M. I would have much rather the Vikings selected DJK in that spot.

The lockout will hurt him. Teams can't sign undrafted players and with all the baggage he has he will never get a shot to play in the NFL.

It would be good for Iowa to have a WR in the NFL (one of the very few positions we don't have multiple NFLers) but DJK has a long ways to go. He would have been a 5th round guy at best had he not had issues.

He isn't blazing fast, not very big, can have spotty hands at times and doesn't go up and get the ball/marginal effort from time to time. McNutt is a better NFL prospect than he was and Davis likley will be too if he gets it in gear.

Chad

DJK still wouldn't have gotten a full Ferentz endorsement ... and that would have been a red-flag to many organizations.

If DJK had gotten his act together a few years back and followed the path that Ferentz and Co had hoped for him .... then he could potentially have been around a 3rd rounder (conceivably better).

It would be good for Iowa to have a WR in the NFL (one of the very few positions we don't have multiple NFLers) but DJK has a long ways to go. He would have been a 5th round guy at best had he not had issues.

He isn't blazing fast, not very big, can have spotty hands at times and doesn't go up and get the ball/marginal effort from time to time. McNutt is a better NFL prospect than he was and Davis likley will be too if he gets it in gear.

Chad

you are the same guy who claimed Troy Johnson would get drafted.

dont quit your day gig.

DJK still wouldn't have gotten a full Ferentz endorsement ... and that would have been a red-flag to many organizations.

If DJK had gotten his act together a few years back and followed the path that Ferentz and Co had hoped for him .... then he could potentially have been around a 3rd rounder (conceivably better).

That's a good point that i hadn't really considered.

Guys, I am not sure even without his troubles if DJK is a draft pick. Receiver is one position where highly successful college guys don't get shots at the next level. DJK is not quite big enough to be a possession guy, but not quite fast enough to stretch the field. He was good enough at both to succeed at the college level, but I am just not sure he measures well for the NFL.

Does anyone think the events of yesterday (not getting drafted) maybe are a good thing for DJK? Maybe this teaches him some humility, some maturity? An idea of how the real world works?

Naaaaaahhhhhhh! He'll show up to his NFL interview in sun glasses and a fur coat.

I do think he will play in the NFL. The kid has talent and he is fast. He ran high 4.4 and low 4.5 in his workouts. He can return kicks, be a possession receiver, and help on special teams. If he has the desire and shows it...someone will sign him.

Latest posts