Where will jewl fit in ?

Hawk4ever

when he returns next year ? ...A rob is turning into the bruising back with weg turning into the change of pace back ... where will jewl fit into the 2 headed monster that has developed this year ? Will one of these tremendous backs transfer ? or maybe seeing one move to Reciever aka mcknutt ?

jewel is much faster and a stronger runner then robinson. jewel will start and get spelled by robinson which is a pretty good tandem. wegher is the odd man out and will turn into a slot reciever and along with kick returner. that is my opinion anyway.

when he returns next year ? ...A rob is turning into the bruising back with weg turning into the change of pace back ... where will jewl fit into the 2 headed monster that has developed this year ? Will one of these tremendous backs transfer ? or maybe seeing one move to Reciever aka mcknutt ?

im not sure, but it is one heck of a problem to have is'nt?

its almost as good as the problem of winning ugly.

Wegher has a ways to go however IMO. So i could really see us going Hampton/AROB and then just kinda use wegher all over the field.

I disagree. A Rob and Wegher are more similar than different. They are almost identical in size and speed.

Wegher hasnt had a year in the Doyle conditioning program, he will develop over the off season and beyond. As for Jewel, he needs to heal up, rebuild, and then, like all of them, fight for time on the field.

I think Jewel will start and is still a better player than either of our two RB's right now.

I would say Jewel, with Robinson backing him up. Then possibly move Wegher to slot WR and let him keep getting time in the return game.

I agree this is a great problem to have. I believe Hampton will be starting with ARob backing him up. Wegher is sort of the odd man out, but I believe they will find ways to get him involved. This is just my speculation.

If Hampton does get back to being the starter. Which I think he will. I see Wegher as a 3rd Down Back and in the slot...

RB injuries are very common. You can never have too many backs. My guess is that Jewel is 100% healthy he will be our #1. Time will tell i guess....great problem to have

Jewel (healthy) definitely has more to offer than Wegher and A Rob right now. If he comes back healthy and ready to go he will start with A Rob backing him up. Wegher will be involved with special teams as much as possible and probably see the field in some sort of way like a slot receiver or possibly a few formations with dual RB with Jewel or A Rob.

I wouldn't make any assumptions about Jewel.
He will probably miss spring practices, too, correct?

he may be quite a ways behind by the time fall camp starts and will have to prove he's better than the guys with experience

I think the speculation right around the time it was announced he get surgery & take a RS was that he should be able to be back for Spring... could be wrong though. Even if that was said though, it's still highly speculative.

Latest posts