Where to go downtown IC, night before game

Am I the only one who thinks there's no way someone can walk into the Airliner at 8pm on a Friday and just grab a booth?

at 8pm on a Friday you aren't going to expose them to anything they wont see at 11am on a Saturday.

Theres nothing to worry about.

If you want great 'za hit up the Wig and Pen, but if you want to be downtown, then hit the 'Liner or Pagliai's. When did the Union close? I know the owners opened one up in Des Moines not too long ago.

If you want great 'za hit up the Wig and Pen, but if you want to be downtown, then hit the 'Liner or Pagliai's. When did the Union close? I know the owners opened one up in Des Moines not too long ago.

I haven't been back since the PSU game a few weeks ago, it was alive and kickin as always then. Anyone know if it closed? A classy, upscale, and sophisticated place like the U-Bar should never close.

It didn't close but IC passed an ordinance forbidding anyone under 21 from being in bars past 10pm which means you no longer see throngs of undergrad girls in the dorms standing in line to get in at the union. Those that chase tail DT on the weekends have had trouble adapting to a new more intellegent prey in the form of grad students.

I didn't mean to imply the Union closed, it's just not the spot it was many years ago. It seems Brothers is the brothel, er, bar of choice these days.

The airliner on a friday evening will be fine.

At any time after 3pm, you may run into the 2010 version of me and my friends (from a decade ago) acting foolish all afternoon ... but we usually stayed at our table.

Latest posts