Where Things Stand as Hawkeyes Hit ’17 Recruiting Homestretch

Looks like Bell recently followed the following (which means he atleast touched base with these recruits):

Isaac Zico - JUCO WR
Alex Fontenot - CO RB Commit
Tycen Anderson - CB Toledo Commit

Rob, this is one of your finest articles I've ever read. Keep up the great work!

ISUhawk, I'm glad you mentioned the Iowa coaching staff being in touch with Alex Fontenot. I've heard there is mutual interest there and would expect things to heat up rather quickly.

Looks like Bell recently followed the following (which means he atleast touched base with these recruits):

Isaac Zico - JUCO WR
Alex Fontenot - CO RB Commit
Tycen Anderson - CB Toledo Commit

Good work. I think the coaches follow guys they are interested in. I check that out as well. We'll need to see if there is mutual interest and then offers.

Rob, who did you copy this article from since you aren't allowed to write anything but what the U of I gives you? Just kidding. As always keep up the great work.

Corrales is one recruit I would love to get back in the fold. I agree that the ship may of sailed but I think he could be exactly what we need.

Outside of Martin I'm not all that excited about coming down the stretch here with what's being thrown out there so far... Hope that changes. Is right now a dead time or are coaches going crazy hitting kids up now that the championship game is over?

The kid from Alabama could be a gamer. He has a lot of similarities with Jewell. I think he would also be a solid pickup if we could get him on board.

Martin and Johnston would be two massive commits if the Hawks are able to pull it off... Not getting my hopes up at all, but could really be something positive for once on the recruiting trail.

Lovett was quoted last week as having Iowa as the current leader for whatever its worth... Story was posted on another thread...

Martin and Johnston would be two massive commits if the Hawks are able to pull it off... Not getting my hopes up at all, but could really be something positive for once on the recruiting trail.

Lovett was quoted last week as having Iowa as the current leader for whatever its worth... Story was posted on another thread...

I did not see that Lovett article. He'd be a really nice pickup. I like him a lot.

I found the Lovett article. Thanks for bringing it up.

That's interesting. Seems we're the leader in the clubhouse with visits to MSU, Tennessee and Baylor upcoming. He'll be at MSU with Martin this weekend.

I still worry about Rutgers with his friends going there and proximity to home. Luckily he values winning.

I found the Lovett article. Thanks for bringing it up.

That's interesting. Seems we're the leader in the clubhouse with visits to MSU, Tennessee and Baylor upcoming. He'll be at MSU with Martin this weekend.

I still worry about Rutgers with his friends going there and proximity to home. Luckily he values winning.

No problem... He would be a great get for the Hawks. I'm hoping we start trending upwards with the remaining top targets, but it is so tough to judge! Could be the leader one second and off the list the next. I am with you though, I really think the Hawks can land Johnston and Martin, but my New Year's resolution was to be positive and not so pessimistic about the Hawks, that should end around signing day!

Great info... Sounds like the pressure of saying no to the Hawks would be tough for Martin? Paul Burmeister made an interesting comment during the Army All-American game about how special it would be to play for your hometown team. Sounded like he talked with Martin about it prior to the game, didn't hurt that he was also a Iowa City West graduate.

Also great to hear the coaches are in constant contact with Johnston... I have felt all along that these are the two targets the Hawks MUST secure!

Latest posts