RobHowe

Administrator
Kirk Ferentz & Seth Wallace - Wisconsin and Northern Chicago

Brian Ferentz - Chicago

Phil Parker - Detroit

Kelvin Bell - Cincinnati

Tyler Barnes - Texas

Reese Morgan - Iowa

seems like KF is a lot more involved with the recruiting this year. Am I wrong? Maybe just seems that way because Rob keeps us informed better.

Could be that and maybe they simply need more bodies out recruiting bc we are down 2 offensive coaches... and maybe kf is visiting an assistant coach in GB who used to play at iowa and maybe I'm reading too far into things

I think he is and that is by necessity. We need to close the deal on some recruits and that is what the big boys do in the conference. I am waiting for KF to announce that he is taking spring practice to Brazil or something. They could play it off as a learning experience and we could get a new decal TWNF (The World Needs Farmers).

To be honest I think it is a cool idea. Basketball teams have been traveling over the world for years. If your budget allows why not, it could be a neat selling point to say if you stay here at least once we will go on a team trip.

Also, it was a few years ago after 2013 I believe where KF said he and staff needed to rededicate themselves and work harder. I think that si part of it and at least he is backing it up. Maybe he isn't able to close the deal with his message but he is out there building the relationships and trying so you have to give him that.

seems like KF is a lot more involved with the recruiting this year. Am I wrong? Maybe just seems that way because Rob keeps us informed better.

KF is absolutely more involved this year. Typically, Iowa only has position coaches out on the road recruiting (along with recruiting staff)....coordinators and KF typically don't head out unless it's a final in-home to seal the deal. But since we're down 3 position coaches (now that BF is a coordinator), he's got to be out....

Latest posts