Where have you read words like this before? Ummm

After the Maryland snafu, I think it has become virtually impossible to withdraw from the ACC without getting totally hammered with a financial penalty.
Any members withdrawing would be challenged and likely would defeat the ACC in court.

Lou Holtz is just as big a scum bag as Brian Kelly.

He uses his catholicism and all his ra ra ra speethes about ovacoming hith speeth impedimund as a fwont for people to think he's a good dude, but he's right up there with Dantonio, Calipari, Kelly, and Petrino when it comes to douche baggery level. Only worse because none of those guys wear their religion on their shirt sleeves and claim to be moral compathes like Louie.

Hypocrisy is always worse than blatant immorality.

Always.
Old Lou always got out of town just before the NCAA infractions investigators showed up.

Notre Dame has been in a steady downward spiral since Lou Holtz moved on yet they still have their network and they still think they invented football.

There are a lot of parallels between the Nebraska fanbase and the notre Dame fanbase about where they are and expect to be on the college football landscape. I do find in a personal level that notre Dame fans/alums tend to be more realistic than Nebraska fans. However perhaps that’s because their average IQ is much higher.

Disagree. ND is in the blob of teams that are kind of at that Iowa/Wisconsin level. They are a decent program, they have a lot of money and it typically keeps them from being utter trash, but they are far beneath the playoff caliber teams or the level necessary to provide a counterweight to OSU. They're like Nebraska in that their best days are long in their past. My guess is that if the playoff stays at 4 and the Big Ten could negotiate a guaranteed berth, ND would have more interest in joining.

Spot on. Last 20 years ('00-'19) Notre Dame has 161 wins. Iowa has 160 wins. Over the last 5 years ('15-'19) Notre Dame has 46 wins and Iowa has 46 wins.

Can you imagine recruiting at the level that ND does, having an easy independent schedule that you set up yourself in which you never have to schedule back to back tough games, can schedule the patsies where you want and when you want. All of that and you can't win more game over a 5 year period or 20 year period than an Iowa who has zero of your advantages?

Latest posts