• UNC

Votes: 14 9.3%
  • Kansas

Votes: 26 17.2%
  • Other

Votes: 5 3.3%

• Total voters
Iowa State hasn't offered Adam.

I'd say Iowa at this point. If Kansas or UNC offers maybe that changes. I'd be more worried about UNC than Kansas

He won't go to Ames even if he is offered. Hoiberg probably realizes this and that's probably why there isn't an offer.

If UNC offers he is 100% gone. He would get to play with friend and AAU teammate, Marcus Paige, plus have chance to win national titles every year.

Kansas makes things interesting if they offer. He is closer to Kansas than Iowa so family can see him play and again be on team that can play for national titles.

But both KU and UNC have offered some higher rated bigs in 2012 and future classes so he may not see immediate PT. He would at Iowa. IF Fran can land Gessell then Iowa has good shot at Woodbury. Question is, do they want to be part of a (current) rebuilding project and maybe never see NCAA tourney but play from day 1 or play for title contenders but see limited PT first couple of years? If both land at Iowa then rebuilding project won't take long.

The longer he (and Gessell) wait, the slimmer Iowa's chances are of landing him. Feeling is Roy offers and he Skypes him to commit.

Last edited:
He won't go to Ames even if he is offered. Hoiberg probably realizes this and that's probably why there isn't an offer.

If UNC offers he is 100% gone. He would get to play with friend and AAU teammate, Marcus Paige, plus have chance to win national titles every year.

Kansas makes things interesting if they offer. He is closer to Kansas than Iowa so family can see him play and again be on team that can play for national titles.

But both KU and UNC have offered some higher rated bigs in 2012 and future classes so he may not see immediate PT. He would at Iowa. IF Fran can land Gessell then Iowa has good shot at Woodbury. Question is, do they want to be part of a (current) rebuilding project and maybe never see NCAA tourney but play from day 1 or play for title contenders but see limited PT first couple of years? If both land at Iowa then rebuilding project won't take long.

The longer he (and Gessell) wait, the slimmer Iowa's chances are of landing him. Feeling is Roy offers and he Skypes him to commit.

I read on a recent article that his mom/parents are Iowa fans, which would make driving to see him play worth it in their book. Not saying that he is coming to Iowa because of this, but it sure doesn't hurt.

Pfff, the difference in commute from Sioux City to Lawrence vs. Iowa City is like 20 miles, maybe. Distance won't play a factor. If Kansas or UNC offers then I see him going to either one of those schools, sadly. I think he probably doesn't want to take a chance at rebuilding and never getting there, especially after watching hopeless Lickluster teams. I just really really hope that Fran can convince him that he will get it turned around

Bottom line is that Iowa hoops needs to win more games and get to some sort of post sesaon tournament to even have a chance at landing next level players. Every program out there can sell potential, rebuilding, hope, etc., but few can point to a consistent record of success / making the dance

. I think it comes down to how quickly Woodbury wants to make a decision. KU and UNC have lots of big time players on their radars, so does he get an early offer or is he being considered as a backup if someone else drops off?

Iowa State hasn't offered Adam.

I'd say Iowa at this point. If Kansas or UNC offers maybe that changes. I'd be more worried about UNC than Kansas

Adam told Hoiberg that he wasn't interested in Iowa St. Fred made an inquiry when he first become coach for the Clones. I believe this to be the classic case of a Hawkeye fan, (Woodbury), playing his fan card when the Clones came calling.

Pfff, the difference in commute from Sioux City to Lawrence vs. Iowa City is like 20 miles, maybe. Distance won't play a factor. If Kansas or UNC offers then I see him going to either one of those schools, sadly. I think he probably doesn't want to take a chance at rebuilding and never getting there, especially after watching hopeless Lickluster teams. I just really really hope that Fran can convince him that he will get it turned around

Plus, there are more teams that are within a quick drive for Iowa games vs. Big 12.

"Question is, do they want to be part of a (current) rebuilding project and maybe never see NCAA tourney but play from day 1 or play for title contenders but see limited PT first couple of years? If both land at Iowa then rebuilding project won't take long. "

I believe if Iowa gets Woodbury and Gesell, they will definitely see the NCAA tournament and the finals of the Big 10 tournament. These two kids would do wonders for the Iowa program. Basabe would be a junior when they get here so everything would not fall on Woodbury's shoulders and they would enhance one another on the floor. Also with Meyer and Olesani, Iowa would definitely have some big people.

WE WANT WOODBURY!!! I vote IOWA!!!

I assume he is going to use an official to visit Iowa during a football game, hopefully for the Iowa State game. That would be a great environment for him to use his official, and hopefully the student section can show some love by chanting his name or something.

I don't think Gessell is ever going to get a better offer than Iowa so I wouldn't worry about him waiting.

I also would not worry about UNC offering Woodbury. I highly doubt they do. They are putting all their eggs in the Kaleb Tarczewski basket and Roy "usually" gets who he wants. If he signs Kaleb he won't sign offer Adam. And if he doesn't get Kaleb than he will push hard for Mitch McGary.

Kansas already has 1 PF signed and rumors are that they will sign Perry Ellis too. I know Adam is a center but that may be the front court they are looking for

Man I hope North Carolina and Kansas both offer just to prove a lot of people wrong. Regardless of who offers, Woodbury is going to Iowa. Woody is much like Matt Gatens, a Hawkeye regardless of who comes after him. I understand why some think he will leave, but this kids recent comments about how Fran has the program on the rise and something special is happening in Iowa City tells me all I need to know about Woodbury. Not to mention the kid attended a recent I Club function for crying out loud.

Man I hope North Carolina and Kansas both offer just to prove a lot of people wrong. Regardless of who offers, Woodbury is going to Iowa. Woody is much like Matt Gatens, a Hawkeye regardless of who comes after him. I understand why some think he will leave, but this kids recent comments about how Fran has the program on the rise and something special is happening in Iowa City tells me all I need to know about Woodbury. Not to mention the kid attended a recent I Club function for crying out loud.

You've now made up two posts in this thread. First when you said that Fred went after Woodbury and Adam said no thanks. Never happened. Second when you compared Woodbury to Gatens. Apples and Oranges. Gatens lived in IC and was a legacy recruit. Woodbury doesn't live in IC and has more offers than Gatens had.

I still think the Hawks get Adam though, as I just don't see the big boys calling at this point.

Iowa. Adam knows that as a frosh he will be playing with a veteran crew of Melsahn,Marble,McCabe,May,Hub,Oglesby,White,and Gabe...and that he could be a final piece to put Iowa in the NCAA all 4 years he is there.

The only thing Woodbury and Gatens have in common is that both of their parents are Hawkeye fans. The Gatens recruitment was a lot like Horners and Olivers where they both verballed very early in their high school careers.

Latest posts