• Indiana

Votes: 2 1.9%
  • Marquette

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Other

Votes: 51 47.7%

• Total voters
Northern Iowa..

He leads the purple Panther back to back Sweet Sixteens, beating Wisky in a first round and second round game in consecutive years.

When this poll was created I did not think Iowa had any shot at him. I am in shock that he is willing to sit out and pay his own way for a year in order to be a Hawkeye.

It wont hurt him to work out beef up his body to get ready for B1G,Pampero Firbo would be glad to help him !

When this poll was created I did not think Iowa had any shot at him. I am in shock that he is willing to sit out and pay his own way for a year in order to be a Hawkeye.

The only difference in picking the Hawks is tuition. He would be sitting out this year no matter what D1 school he went to.

Does anyone know if he gets to pay in-state tuition since his parents live in Cedar Rapids?

The only difference in picking the Hawks is tuition. He would be sitting out this year no matter what D1 school he went to. Does anyone know if he gets to pay in-state tuition since his parents live in Cedar Rapids?
I believe he does get to pay in state tuition

This wins the internet...(for today anyway)

And by the way, here on this day, 4-18-12, let it be known that JARROD UTHOFF WILL PICK THE IOWA HAWKEYES!!! Book it! Mark it down! Write it in stone!

Last Edited By HawkeyeShane at 11:12AM 6-7-12. Not the first part about "wins the internet". Just the last past where he tries to come off as "smart".

Ah crap...

Last edited:
The only difference in picking the Hawks is tuition. He would be sitting out this year no matter what D1 school he went to.

Does anyone know if he gets to pay in-state tuition since his parents live in Cedar Rapids?

I know that, you are stating the obvious. He would not have had to sit out a year if he had transferred to a Juco first before coming to Iowa. I figured the only shot Iowa would have at him was if he went and played a year for a school like Kirkwood or Indian Hills. That why I said "I am in shock that he is willing to sit out and pay his own way for a year in order to be a Hawkeye".

By the time Uthoff steps out on to the court for the 2013/24 season he will have sat out 2 seasons in a row. I am glad he is a Hawk but the entire situation is mind boggling. He should have went ahead and played for Wisconsin his freshman year to get experience then he could have using his redshirt on the transfer season. I cannot think of another player this highly touted out of High School doing this without other circumstances involved. He knew the style of play going in so I find that line of reasoning to be questionable.

There is a lot of evidence that shows Bo Ryan is the reason for Uthoff leaving. From refusing to play for him his freshman year, to the way he left, all the crap Bo pulled in limiting where he could go, to Uthoff basically saying "screw U" I am going to Iowa anyway gives the impression there was something going on between Uthoff and Ryan. I cannot wait for Iowa to play Wisconsin as it should be interesting.

I know that, you are stating the obvious. He would not have had to sit out a year if he had transferred to a Juco first before coming to Iowa. I figured the only shot Iowa would have at him was if he went and played a year for a school like Kirkwood or Indian Hills. That why I said "I am in shock that he is willing to sit out and pay his own way for a year in order to be a Hawkeye".

By the time Uthoff steps out on to the court for the 2013/24 season he will have sat out 2 seasons in a row. I am glad he is a Hawk but the entire situation is mind boggling. He should have went ahead and played for Wisconsin his freshman year to get experience then he could have using his redshirt on the transfer season. I cannot think of another player this highly touted out of High School doing this without other circumstances involved. He knew the style of play going in so I find that line of reasoning to be questionable.

There is a lot of evidence that shows Bo Ryan is the reason for Uthoff leaving. From refusing to play for him his freshman year, to the way he left, all the crap Bo pulled in limiting where he could go, to Uthoff basically saying "screw U" I am going to Iowa anyway gives the impression there was something going on between Uthoff and Ryan. I cannot wait for Iowa to play Wisconsin as it should be interesting.

I'm guessing if he knew he would be transferring, he would have played last year and used his RS this year. It was Uthoff's choice to redshift, Bo didn't make him.

I'm guessing if he knew he would be transferring, he would have played last year and used his RS this year. It was Uthoff's choice to redshift, Bo didn't make him.

Bo Ryan said in that interview with Mike and Mike that he wanted to play Uthoff. So this is what leads me to believe that something happened between them for Uthoff to not waste any time after the season to announce he was transferring. Plus he did it when Ryan was on vacation. (which I find funny)

Ryan did something to **** Uthoff off, Uthoff said "screw you" I am transferring, Ryan goes ha ha we'll see about that I will restrict you from going anywhere you want to go, Uthoff turns it over to the media, it blows up in Ryans face, Wisconsin reduces the list, and Uthoff has the last laugh by announcing for Iowa anyway.

To bad I was not good at making one of those funny cartoons. :D

Bo Ryan said in that interview with Mike and Mike that he wanted to play Uthoff. So this is what leads me to believe that something happened between them for Uthoff to not waste any time after the season to announce he was transferring. Plus he did it when Ryan was on vacation. (which I find funny)

Ryan did something to **** Uthoff off, Uthoff said "screw you" I am transferring, Ryan goes ha ha we'll see about that I will restrict you from going anywhere you want to go, Uthoff turns it over to the media, it blows up in Ryans face, Wisconsin reduces the list, and Uthoff has the last laugh by announcing for Iowa anyway.

To bad I was not good at making one of those funny cartoons. :D

You did good! you`re my boy!