where does Iowa end up?

Crossfirehawk

Not sure how all this will shake out. I believe Iowa will play for the Big 10 Championship. I know Jon Miller believes that means a trip to Pasadena and Kirk would love that. I did see ESPN projecting Iowa vs. ND in the Fiesta. That would be a sweet game. Just win Hawks and shock the Nation.

let's not put the cart before the horse. You never want to count your chickens before they hatch. It vital that we all take this one game at a time. We don't want to look past Maryland by reading our own press clippings. If we start looking a head someone might sneak up and beat us. Complacency is the enemy.

:cool:

let's not put the cart before the horse. You never want to count your chickens before they hatch. It vital that we all take this one game at a time. We don't want to look past Maryland by reading our own press clippings. If we start looking a head someone might sneak up and beat us. Complacency is the enemy.

:cool:
I will let the Coaches and the Players take it week by week and game by game. As a 50 year old fan, I am loving this and am dreaming big. GO HAWKS!!!

I think Iowa will end up in Indy for title game, and will let you know from that point, but will enjoy the ride no matter what happens.

Go Hawks!!

I feel like this team of players and coaches are grounded and not looking ahead or listening to the hype.I'm sure they heard all of the fans (myself included) weren't happy the last few years.The way they approached this year after our bad performance in the Bowl game is remarkable.We salute the team and coaches for a job well done and whatever your doing keep doing it(it's working).This can be a special year for us all so keep working hard on your school work and getting ready for the stretch run. GO HAWKS

The only thing that matters is what's going on inside the program. Fans are irrelevant and can think what they want, because aside from cheering their *** off we have no direct influence on the football team, see Nebby as proof. The coaches and players...not so much. They need to focused on the next game and I feel/hope the closer they get to the ultimate goal the more they want it.

The only thing that matters is what's going on inside the program. Fans are irrelevant and can think what they want, because aside from cheering their *** off we have no direct influence on the football team, see Nebby as proof. The coaches and players...not so much. They need to focused on the next game and I feel/hope the closer they get to the ultimate goal the more they want it.

I agree. As fans we should just be thankful to have seen things go as they have so far and enjoy it. Whether the current trend continues or not has nothing to do with us, thank God. Most fans are looking way too far down the road. As long as the players and coaches aren't doing the same THEY have a chance. WE may get to watch that happen. Win win.

The good thing right now is we had so many guys injured and so many guys step up in their place that nobody should be complacent and assume they are always starting each week. Each week should be a competition for playing time and that's never a bad thing

The good thing right now is we had so many guys injured and so many guys step up in their place that nobody should be complacent and assume they are always starting each week. Each week should be a competition for playing time and that's never a bad thing

I agree. A team like Iowa can only play that game so long though. The bye week here may just come at a perfect time. Some of the fallen need to rise again, or there is no competition. Then there is CJ. A CJ injury could easily end up meaning 3 loses out of the next five. God love 'em for their heart and attitude but there is no substitute for depth in a sport this brutal. So far, so good but we better be hoping some of these injured players are ready to go again soon. Oh, and that they don't get injured again! We may play like Ohio St. when we're healthy. We're really only fully healthy before the season starts though, if we're lucky. Thin ice. 7-0 feels great as a fan but this team is on some thin ice right now and it must not break.

Last edited:

Latest posts