Where do you think Iowa will be ranked in the first CFP rankings?

Mademyaccount4u

I'm really curious to see where Iowa ends up, and will probably watch whatever show they have for it. Personally given their schedule to this point Iowa has looked very impressive and maybe should be ranked in the top 4.

I don't think they will get that much credit and will be 5/6.

I'm really curious to see where Iowa ends up, and will probably watch whatever show they have for it. Personally given their schedule to this point Iowa has looked very impressive and maybe should be ranked in the top 4.

I don't think they will get that much credit and will be 5/6.

First poll my guess is 7. 8 is probably more likely but 7 would be most appropriate....LSU...TCU...baylor...Ohio state...Michigan st...clemson...iowa...okie st...Alabama....notre dame

I think ahead of Stanford and ND for sure. Possibly behing Oklahoma State though so either 8th or 9th. The only thing that matters anymore is where we are compared to Stanford and ND. All the other teams don't really matter at this point.

I can't speak for everyone here obviously, but I didn't really follow these committee rankings at all throughout last year because there was no reason to. Here's some info on how the committee votes and separates teams.

http://www.collegefootballplayoff.com/selection-committee-protocol

When circumstances at the margins indicate that teams are comparable, then the following criteria must be considered:

• Championships won
  • Strength of schedule
  • Head-to-head competition (if it occurred)
  • Comparative outcomes of common opponents (without incenting margin of victory
http://www.sbnation.com/college-foo...on-committee-members-recusals-voting-rankings

This is how the committee votes:

• Each member makes a list of the 30 best teams. Teams listed by three or more are up for discussion.
  • Each member picks the six best from that group in no order.
  • Everyone shares their top sixes, and the most popular shared teams become a list of six.
  • Each member ranks that list of six, and the three teams with the highest cumulative ranking go up as Nos. 1 through 3, while the bottom three go back in the pool.
  • Then the process repeats itself, each time adding three teams until the top 25 is complete.

I think we are slated at #6 or #7, would not be surprised by a 5, 8, or 9...will be disappointed if not in top 10, and will have to go out and get inebriated if in top 4!

One of the guys on Big Ten Football and Beyond tonight had Iowa at #4.

I'm thinking they'll have the Hawks at #6.

Go Hawks!!!!!

It's great that the Hawks are even in the conversation. Last year tOSU started at sixteen. A lot will change between now & after championship weekend.

Latest posts