When you turn the ball over that much and still find a way to win

After Iowa got up 15 CMac picked up his third foul around the 15 minutes mark of the 2nd half. When he left the game that is when Cincy began to come back. Fortunately Bakari showed up in this game. I guess we know who is the starting point guard.

Yeah, first game without Jordan and what does Iowa do? Build a double digit lead Like they’ve been doing every game here lately. They let them back in it and that’s gonna happen, but they closed them out. This team is pretty good. They just went 5-2 in a 7 game stretch that most thought 2-5 or worse was likely. I’ll be shocked if they aren’t ranked for Xmas

Good teams find a way to win even when they play poorly. I don't know how they did it last night but they got the "W". We did dominate the boards and where 11-24 from 3 so that covers up a lot of mistakes. When was the last time we had 24 turnovers and won?

P.S. 5 years ago Fran would have blown a gasket watching that mess. He managed to stay calmer than I did watching that TO infested offense. I've seen fewer turnovers in a 5th grade rec league.

What are the odds of Iowa winning this one?

24-7 Turnover comparison - (17)

10 Missed FTs by Iowa. (Not counting the pain of several missed FTs on the front end of 1 and 1s.)

Is that TO differential a record for Iowa, to still win a game?

Iowa looked to be the better team. Didn't gag it when they could have!

JB's FT calmness ability the seal a game will be missed. Missing is contagious and making.

Great win, the kind that might get you into the Big Dance!

Some "players" starting emerge.

Fran - Serenity Now

What are the odds of Iowa winning this one?

24-7 Turnover comparison - (17)

10 Missed FTs by Iowa. (Not counting the pain of several missed FTs on the front end of 1 and 1s.)

Is that TO differential a record for Iowa, to still win a game?

Iowa looked to be the better team. Didn't gag it when they could have!

JB's FT calmness ability the seal a game will be missed. Missing is contagious and making.

Great win, the kind that might get you into the Big Dance!

Some "players" starting emerge.

Fran - Serenity Now

In 1998 we ended a Top 10 Kansas’ 62 game home winning streak even though we had 31 TOs and missed 10 free throws. We won that game with good 3 point shooting and winning the rebounding battle...similar to last night.

That was one UGLY W........

It was hard to watch.............

There was a period there in the second half where we couldn't even bring the ball up the court.

Joe T too often is looking like a high school senior and not a college freshman.

I was feeling sorry for Bakari when he wasn't playing and not contributing much. But now I'm happy for him, he could really have an impactful second half of a season.

What does Fran do about ball handling heading into conference play?

other teams watching this game will put man to man pressure on. we just don't have that outstanding point who can bring it up the court. Good win and I like the attitude on this team, but quick defenders will eat us up.

Refreshing to see a Hawk Team consistently weather second half comebacks from other teams and close out the W. JT is going to be fine, he just couldn't shake the nerves of his first college start. It may have been a blessing in disguise as Evelyn made the most of his opportunity and looks to be a key player moving forward.

other teams watching this game will put man to man pressure on. we just don't have that outstanding point who can bring it up the court. Good win and I like the attitude on this team, but quick defenders will eat us up.
There really aren’t many teams we will play that can play that style as well as Cincy does. Technically our starting PG played only 4 minutes, and although he did have an awful night I think he can handle the full court press better than the guys who were actually out there turning it over in the 2H. It was a weird game after a long layoff, glad to get out of there with the win.

Last edited:
In 1998 we ended a Top 10 Kansas’ 62 game home winning streak even though we had 31 TOs and missed 10 free throws. We won that game with good 3 point shooting and winning the rebounding battle...similar to last night.

I would also add as frustrating as the "Tom Davis press" could be at times, it was instrumental in that 30 point come back.

That game was tough to watch. Toussaint just imploding whenever be stepped foot on the court is alarming.

This was a game where Iowa should have won by 20+ but they just couldn't stop shooting themselves in the foot.

Hopefully they got it out of their system. Some really tough big ten games are on the horizon

That game was tough to watch. Toussaint just imploding whenever be stepped foot on the court is alarming.

This was a game where Iowa should have won by 20+ but they just couldn't stop shooting themselves in the foot.

Hopefully they got it out of their system. Some really tough big ten games are on the horizon
I mentioned it last week that I wouldn’t be surprised to see a post finals week stinker. Iowa had a long layoff before this one so I wasn’t surprised to see some sloppy play. Luckily we shot well enough to win.

A dress rehearsal against Kennesaw State and then it’s back to the B1G grind.

There really isn’t many teams we will play that can play that style as well as Cincy does. Technically our starting PG played only 4 minutes, and although he did have an awful night I think he can handle the full court press better than the guys who were actually out there turning it over in the 2H. It was a weird game after a long layoff, glad to get out of there with the win.

It is the game I pretty much expected. 2 teams with a bunch of moving parts and head coaches figuring out what works and what doesn't on the fly. Right now, Iowa is just the better team and got the W like they should have.

I wonder what the odds are with 15-20 against TO differential, 1% or less?

I should've also added that it was impressive how Iowa hung into the game late. They hit some clutch ass shots when past Fran teams would've folded like a cheap lawn chair.

The mental toughness angle is real. As everyone has pointed out this team is mentally tougher than teams in the past.

Iowa will finish December with a 5-1 record. Who the hell saw that coming?

After the Depaul game I had put my eggs in the 20-21 basket. To describe this season I was using words like "player development and reset button". Not anymore, even without Jbo, this team will compete for NCAA bid. No way I was thinking like that a month ago.