Votes: 8 22.9%
  • After next week but before the All-Star Break

Votes: 2 5.7%
  • After the All-Star Break

Votes: 5 14.3%

Votes: 7 20.0%

• Total voters

thejumper5

Simple question: when will be the next time the Cubs win a baseball game? Here is the upcoming schedule:

6/8 @Cin-Dempster vs. Arroyo
6/9 @Phil-Wells vs. Kendrick
6/10 @Phil-Zambrano vs. Halladay
6/11 @Phil-Garza vs. Lee
6/12 @Phil-Davis vs. Oswalt
6/13-6/16 vs. Milwaukee
6/18-6/20 vs. NYY

They stand at L8 now....with five games left on a very tough road trip...they could be looking at L13 before seeing a drunk, packed, boo'ing Wrigley. Whew.

Arroyo is the worst pitcher they will face in that span. However, the Cubs make bad pitchers look like Bob Feller, so who knows.

I voted for tomorrow (6-9) with Wells vs Kendrick. Total guess with this team though.

Fun to see the Phillies help the Cubs out with an error. It happens to good teams too!

Notice to the rest of the NL Central: Don't sleep on the Cubbies. They've won 2-straight and have it turned around! :p

On a serious note, I didn't expect much this year with last year being crap, and the only real off-season moves of note being Pena & Garza. Garza is decent, but Pena and his .220 batting average isn't really a long-term solution. And with a rotation that's been banged up, not surprising at all that it's been an awful season.

This isn't exactly news, but until the Cubs can dump a few of these lousy contracts and get some good young players that can hit in the clutch, and get some stability in the starting rotation (guys staying healthy with an ERA under 5), I don't think things are going to change much. I guess finding a GM with a clue would be a good start..

I honestly hope Hendry doesn't throw the bank at Pujols.. I'd rather go after some younger talent that have more years left in the tank..

The Cubs may suck but they always seem to play well against my Cardinals. Kind of similar to the Iowa-Minnesota "rivalry."

Bump. It's so sad that this thread has become relevant for a second consecutive year.

No, last year was sad,but this year it is all part of the Theo-Plan.
Creative destruction is the plan. Guys from Boston seem to specialize in that approach.:)

After Friday's close call when the Cubs had to fight like hell to not score in a game they collected 10 hits in, I'm gonna say they're due for a letdown and that they'll win today.

I've come to accept the fact that I'm never going to see them win a series...But Wrigley is AWESOME....so whatever.

Latest posts