When JBo returns next year...

Who's the starter at PG, first game next year?

• JBo

Votes: 21 72.4%
  • Joe T.

Votes: 8 27.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I would be absolutely shocked if JBo doesn't start.

The only caveat is we have yet to see how the two surgeries affect his game, but Fran is loyal to a fault and will view JBo as a leader with a proven track record that needs to start if totally healthy.

Is that the right thing to do? That's debatable, especially if Toussaint ups his game and plays under better control.

It's been a long time since we had a logjam at the guard positions. It's a nice feeling.

You're going to have 7 players who have earned the right to and are good enough to start. IMHO, Nunge/Turbo sit but get lots of minutes along with PMac. The newcomers will have a hard time getting more than 5 minutes per game.

Then again, I'm not sure anybody expected CJF to start this year. When healthy he started every game.

Simply my $.02 .. ..

As much as I love JT there is no way he is starting over JBO. Have people forgotten about the all-time records his name will be attached to? He alone has provided more clutch moments than we'd seen in the prior 15 years.

His leadership was overwhelming obvious the 10 games he played last year. Glad we have them both! But JBO will have 1st dibs.

JBo and Joe might both start, or Joe T might lead the second unit. If Garza returns, JBo was an exceptional interior passer this year and simple gives Garza room to operate. JBo usually brings the attention of two defenders. That alone makes him the starter. Joe T still gets a lot of PT as Fran will get him in based on game situations. I'm excited about our second unit, they have the potential to push leads or cut into the opponents lead. Great teams don't have a drop off after the starters come out. Iowa has that potential.

JBo will not only start at Iowa, he’d start for almost every team in the B1G. You don’t have your future program’s all time leader in 3 pt goals and assists come off the bench. Now, JT May start along aide him although I think that’s doubtful. I think a lot of you are in for a surprise with how good JBo’s D will be next year. He’s played a lot of D1 minutes but hasn’t been healthy since he was a F. A healthy JBo will be a decent if not good defender. Adding in the fact he won’t need to play 36 mph like 2018-19, will help too.

I respectfully disagree. JBo is most effective with the ball in his hands shooting off the dribble, not as a catch and shoot guy coming off screens.

Seriously??? He's one of the best catch and shoot guys on the team.

I don't mind him playing the point on offense but he's terrible defending the opposing PG.

Start with the lineup will of Luka, Wieskamp and Fredrick. That is your base to both start and finish. This lineup requires 4 defenders for our 3 guys. Now, other pieces would be JBo, who would certainly require a 5th defender and leaving 1 guy wide open. We have CMac, not the most dependable offensive threat but can play all positions. JoeT who I love and could penetrate and really put a massive amount of stress on the interior defense. He has all the tools, just needs to play smarter. Nunge can play the stretch 4, or even the 5 if Luka wants to play the stretch. If he can shoot that puts a lot of stress on the defense. We don't know anything about PMac yet, let's just hope he is healthy.

We have options!

Just hope JoeT doesn't get frustrated because his minutes will be all over the place. One game he may get 20-25, the next it may be 5. If he can just be patient and see the big picture it will be his show to run after next season.

Seriously??? He's one of the best catch and shoot guys on the team.

I don't mind him playing the point on offense but he's terrible defending the opposing PG.

I am not going to dig into the numbers, but I would bet his shooting numbers are pretty close to the same, whether he is shooting off the dribble or catch and shooting.

Best shooters need to be on the court.

JBO on the court all year without injury pause, slim.

JT different, in a good way.