When do we try another QB?

Really classy. Hoping that one of our own players gets hurt to give someone else a chance. This is pathetic.

Just think if that was your son playing QB and fans of his team were hoping that he got injured. Please go become an ISU fan!

Settle down...... I certainly don't want the young but experienced fifth year senior who has had many opportunities to lead the team to victory and he hasn't, ...get hurt.
Just saying that is the only way Rudock gets any experience on a KF team.

As frustrated as I am with Vandenburg, I completely trust the coaches and their belief that he is Iowa's best option at quarterback.

If they thought there was a better player, they would play him. Kirk has said as much many times, and proven it at other positions.

Not sure anyone on the coaching staff believed 100% Stanzi was the better option than JC when he first came in either.

I said it earlier today, if JV is our best option, we are in deep trouble next year.

Our offense is in big trouble. It's not good and won't be the rest of the year. But, the defense and the BIG, is the main reason that the team is not in big trouble.

Yet we are 2-0 in the division.

Yet none of the credit for the 2 wins go to the QB. THE POOR GUY IS STRUGGLING. TIME TO GET A NEW PERSPECTIVE WITH A FRESH ARM WITH SOME TOUCH AND SOME FRESH EYES ON THE FIELD.

JVB played like a freshman today. Time to give another freshman a shot.

Yet none of the credit for the 2 wins go to the QB. THE POOR GUY IS STRUGGLING. TIME TO GET A NEW PERSPECTIVE WITH A FRESH ARM WITH SOME TOUCH AND SOME FRESH EYES ON THE FIELD.

JVB played like a freshman today. Time to give another freshman a shot.

I just don't see this as being all the fault of JVB. Is it going to be any better with Ruddock when we have 3rd an 8 and the play calls for the receivers to run a 5 yard route? I guess I put more of this on the OC.

I just don't see this as being all the fault of JVB. Is it going to be any better with Ruddock when we have 3rd an 8 and the play calls for the receivers to run a 5 yard route? I guess I put more of this on the OC.

Its not like every receiver is running 5 yard routes. Those are the safety valves, unfortunately JVB keeps using them.

The guy running the short route is supposed to be the last option, sometimes, not all the time but many times there is a receiver open down field. I heard the announcers a lot today pointing out open receivers that JV continually fails to see.

It's really a crappy situation. We have no experience behind James, so playing a back up is really risky.

Vandenberg has played really poorly as a 5th year senior. It's really been an unexpected level of crap. If he plays like last year, we're probably undefeated.

It's really a crappy situation. We have no experience behind James, so playing a back up is really risky.

Vandenberg has played really poorly as a 5th year senior. It's really been an unexpected level of crap. If he plays like last year, we're probably undefeated.

He's trying to be perfect in the new Davis system/play calls. He needs to relax, play his own game, and not worry about Davis.

Vandenberg has played poorly and seems to have trouble adapting to anything. That being said the team has been competitive and the number of turnovers low. As long as the team is competitive with Vendenberg, they will stay with him.

I'm not sure I want to see an inexperienced QB in a new system. If you go with a new guy you are basically throwing in the towel on this year. Would you go winless for the rest of the season to get "experience" for a new quarterback? Would it be in the best interest of a new quarterback?

Whats funny is that the same people wanting Ferentz to play Rudock over Vandenberg and then comparing this situation with JC and Stanzi were probably the ones booing Stanzi at the Indiana game in 2009. Plus if JC would not have transferred they would have calling for Christensen to start even though we had 9 game winning streak going.

We live or die with Vandy - I'd this point unfortuatley it still probably die - but were not in the grave yet.

Put down that shovel James...

It's not all his fault... but its 65-35 his fault (IMO)

Vandenberg has played poorly and seems to have trouble adapting to anything. That being said the team has been competitive and the number of turnovers low. As long as the team is competitive with Vendenberg, they will stay with him.

I'm not sure I want to see an inexperienced QB in a new system. If you go with a new guy you are basically throwing in the towel on this year. Would you go winless for the rest of the season to get "experience" for a new quarterback? Would it be in the best interest of a new quarterback?

Agreed. When an offense is struggling, the backup QB is the most popular guy on the roster.

Latest posts