When do the lots open at Soldier?

The parking websites say they open 4 hours prior to kickoff. That would be around 10:30.

However, last time Iowa was in Chicago, we forced them to open way earlier than 10:30. Possibly as early as 7 or 8.
So I really didn't answer your question, but I would expect them to open up earlier than scheduled.

I wish, Bob. My ETA to the South Lot is still not settled. Hopefully will be by middle of the week. Waiting on others to confirm details, which can be frustrating as you know.

I wish, Bob. My ETA to the South Lot is still not settled. Hopefully will be by middle of the week. Waiting on others to confirm details, which can be frustrating as you know.

Look on the bright side, you're flying into MDW, which, no matter WHERE you are going, will save you a good hour vs. getting out of O'Hare.

You use the word "lots" like you plan to drive into downtown Chicago on Labor Day Saturday. That's a bad idea.

You use the word "lots" like you plan to drive into downtown Chicago on Labor Day Saturday. That's a bad idea.

You realize the Iowa game is in downtown Chicago on Labor Day Saurday, right tehjump??

You realize the Iowa game is in downtown Chicago on Labor Day Saurday, right tehjump??

Yes, I realize that. I would advise utilizing public transit where possible. Between a Cubs day game, the Jazz Fest, Iowa-NIU, and a slew of other Labor Day activities, the roads in Chicago will be jammed packed on Saturday.

Yes, I realize that. I would advise utilizing public transit where possible. Between a Cubs day game, the Jazz Fest, Iowa-NIU, and a slew of other Labor Day activities, the roads in Chicago will be jammed packed on Saturday.

It is what it is.
I have moar anxiety about the drive--all three miles of it--from Soldiers's back to my hotel after the game. 6 PM-ish will be much, much worse than 9 AM that morning.

It is what it is.
I have moar anxiety about the drive--all three miles of it--from Soldiers's back to my hotel after the game. 6 PM-ish will be much, much worse than 9 AM that morning.

Whoa... 9am? It's game day EK ...festivities start at 6am. Sharp.

It is what it is.

Pull over, turn on the flashers and crack open a six-box out of the cooler. When cops stop, just say, "F-in Triple A, can't get through this traffic, yo!"

Win-win from where I sit.

Latest posts