When are the coaches going to be held accountable for anything?

WindyCityHawkI

I don't understand how Kirk can make 3 million plus per year, continually underachieve with 7-5 records and losing consistently to the Indiana's, Minnesota's, Iowa State's, and NW's of the world, and have starters leaving the team for unexplained reasons every yr, and he never has to answer for any of it. He just says no comment and smirks and then gets fired up if a reporter asks him any difficult questions. When is this going to end? Without the fans and donors, the coaches wouldn't make the money they do. In any other job people are held accountable.

how about orange bowl victory 3 years ago. man kirk is the best coach iowa is going to get

I don't understand how Kirk can make 3 million plus per year, continually underachieve with 7-5 records and losing consistently to the Indiana's, Minnesota's, Iowa State's, and NW's of the world, and have starters leaving the team for unexplained reasons every yr, and he never has to answer for any of it. He just says no comment and smirks and then gets fired up if a reporter asks him any difficult questions. When is this going to end? Without the fans and donors, the coaches wouldn't make the money they do. In any other job people are held accountable.

Stop contributing the big bucks to the athletic department; maybe then you will get your wish.

I think its got more to do with the university and its atmosphere now days than KF and his staff

Hold Kirk accountable for having a depth chart! Yeah!

True that. I don't like all of the transfers and releases either, but if he wants to play QB, which I'm presuming he does, and he's not going to play QB at Iowa, then why stick around? Unless someone thinks Ferentz is making a mistake by not starting Derby at QB, then this is not an accountability problem, it's a good player/bad fit problem.

8 wins last year, 7 wins this season. 11 wins, BCS bowl win 2 years ago. Top Ten finishes 40% of the time last 10 seasons.

I wasn'saying Ferentz should get fired. But when the offense has been consistently terrible and predictable, they don't even consider making a change to O'keefe and when this many players, and especially starting RB's are leaving, some sort of explanation is not that much to ask. If McCall and Coker were breaking the law and not following rules, fine then they shouldn't be playing, but without going into the details, they could just say that.

70,585 * $55 approx * 7 = 27.17 million bones............. this is what they are held accountable for..........

His salary is irrelevant. You and I pay zero % of his salary unless we contribute directly to the Athletic Department. His salary is all paid by private donations and until those donations stop happening, there will be no changes at the top. Kirk has earned his salary and then some. I hope we can still say the same 3 years from now.

Actually and this will stop you in your tracks………..they are accountable. As of yet we still pack the stands and support the team. See you, and those who speak like you are in the very small minority. The rest of us either don’t care (I do) or have enuff insight (this is me) and perspective to see what we should or shouldn’t be alarmed by.

Losing players like every other Big time university isn’t one of them……

Last edited:
Actually and this will stop you in your tracks………..they are accountable. As of yet we still pack the fans and support them team. See you, and those who speak like you are in the very small minority. The rest of us either don’t care (I do) or have enuff insight (this is me) and perspective to see what we should or shouldn’t be alarmed by.

Losing players like every other Big time university isn’t one of them……

At present, the fans are cheering for the uniform, not the players inside the uniform. Iowa fans have been known for that for a long time. It helps when there aren't many (any) other other options. It won't last forever, but they've got a few years of good will to get through before that reserve tank dries up.

Latest posts