WHats with the inferiority complex on this board?

HawkIreign

We beat GT so now he need to point out every sports writer in America that picked against us? Get over it.

Last edited:
Was just about to make this topic. We don't need a different topic explaining why X Analyst is stupid because they picked GT over Iowa and how they disrespected Iowa by picking GT and blah blah blah

We all feel a need to beat our chests and tell all those who'll listen that everyone was wrong about the Hawkeyes, and we all feel disrespected because, frankly, we're in Iowa. If this were Russia, it'd be like we're in Siberia. We have no city with a population more than 250,000 within its city limits. Our population is less than 3 million total. We have no professional sports team above the Triple-A-equivalent level (the I-Cubs, Barnstormers and Energy are our highest-level teams right now). We don't have as deep a talent pool at the high-school level for colleges to recruit, and those four- and five-star recruits go out of state (i.e. Harrison Barnes). We need something to prove us to our detractors.

I know people like to defend their team and their coaches by, I guess, rubbing an incorrect pick in a commentator's face, but most of the reasoning behind picking GT, in most cases, has been pretty logical. Whether or not Iowa's offense could keep up with Tech's was a legitimate question, and they took a chance. For an ACC/Big Ten outsider to not recognize the dominance of Iowa's defense is a forgivable trespass.

We all feel a need to beat our chests and tell all those who'll listen that everyone was wrong about the Hawkeyes, and we all feel disrespected because, frankly, we're in Iowa. If this were Russia, it'd be like we're in Siberia. We have no city with a population more than 250,000 within its city limits. Our population is less than 3 million total. We have no professional sports team above the Triple-A-equivalent level (the I-Cubs, Barnstormers and Energy are our highest-level teams right now). We don't have as deep a talent pool at the high-school level for colleges to recruit, and those four- and five-star recruits go out of state (i.e. Harrison Barnes). We need something to prove us to our detractors.
When did our heads get so big that it isn't enough just to win the games we know he can win? WHat happened to relishing the underdog role?

Who cares...this board is to discuss topics...not to mention everyone has told us how bad Iowa is every game this year...i think its just a defense tactic to back our team because each week all we heard was negatives.

When someone picks against your team, you're supposed to tell them how stupid they are BEFORE the game is played...it loses something to tell them that AFTER the game...

Who cares...this board is to discuss topics...not to mention everyone has told us how bad Iowa is every game this year...i think its just a defense tactic to back our team because each week all we heard was negatives.

If all you heard was negative then that had to be what you looked for on a weekly basis. SUre it got pointed out that we had some luck and that our offense wasn't going to set the world on fire but all that stuff was true. It also got pointed out on a weekly basis that this team knew how to win games and had a top notch D.

If all you heard was negative then that had to be what you looked for on a weekly basis. SUre it got pointed out that we had some luck and that our offense wasn't going to set the world on fire but all that stuff was true. It also got pointed out on a weekly basis that this team knew how to win games and had a top notch D.

All in all, the national media coverage of the Hawks this year was mostly negative!!! And the Big 10!!!

All in all, the national media coverage of the Hawks this year was mostly negative!!! And the Big 10!!!

I disagree with it being negative, more like nonexistant. The teams that get massive amounts of media cover are teams that are in the BCS title hunt and the players that get coverage are Heisman contender. The BT had neither.

I disagree with it being negative, more like nonexistant. The teams that get massive amounts of media cover are teams that are in the BCS title hunt and the players that get coverage are Heisman contender. The BT had neither.

Well, I saw coverage of the Hawks, so you cannot say it was non-existant. It was negative, but this may have been a reflection of the Big 10 as a whole. Much of it basically insinuated that Iowa was lucky and did not deserve the wins they were getting! And I don't think it is an inferiority complex, but more so justification for what we as Hawk fans knew all along!

Where have you been all season, exactly?

This is an amazing take.

If all you did was read this board, then you would only get the bad stuff. No one ever posts in outrage when someone says something good. For instance, yesterday I heard guys in the media showing tons of love for the Hawks; Pete Futek, Pat Forde, Doug Gottlieb, Jim Rome, Petros Papadakis (a guy who gave Iowa more hate than anyone in the mdia), Colin Cowherd...pretty much everyone said they were impressed with Iowa.

So what do we get the next day? Some guys cherry pick all of the bad stuff they can find and blow it up.

It is just super, super lame. This is the crap we make fun of Cyclone fans for doing.

Believe me...one thing I don't suffer from is an inferiority complex.

And when people talk smack about me, it makes me happy, because it means I'm in their head.

In other words, Eff the Haters.

Well, I saw coverage of the Hawks, so you cannot say it was non-existant. It was negative, but this may have been a reflection of the Big 10 as a whole. Much of it basically insinuated that Iowa was lucky and did not deserve the wins they were getting! And I don't think it is an inferiority complex, but more so justification for what we as Hawk fans knew all along!

OK, maybe not nonexisistant but limited. And either way you can't argue with the fact they had some luck. Also didn't help that they got taken to the final minutes against Arkansas St, UNI and got beat by N-Western.