What's the outcome if May had played?

Stupid question. It is like asking if Iowa would have won the National Championship if Ronnie Lester wouldn't have hurt his knee back in '80.

Re: What would have been the outcome if I hadn't read this post...

SayberHawk lays it down hard and strong, not unlike Shane.....

Very nice post, Sayber.....

Impossible to argue with this:

Eric May has done nothing to hurt this program...ever. In any other four year period of Iowa Basketball, Eric would have been a solid sixth, seventh or eighth man providing killer defense, rebounding and an occasional offensive contribution. Eric May chose Iowa over a couple of other mid-major schools; not Duke, Kentucky, Louisville or North Carolina. The idea that anyone should expect Eric to magically turn into some first team all B1G player is disconnected from reality.

Or this:

I personally think that anyone frustrated with Eric's play should transfer that frustration to the pathetic recruiting and coaching inflicted on us by Alford and Lickliter. Those are the guys that failed to recruit quality players or ran off the ones that were. I'm tired of all the Eric May discussion and think that anybody who is a knowlegable about Iowa Hawkeye basketball fan will realize that Eric has met or exceeded what should be more reasonable expectations. As a lifelong Iowan and Iowa Hawkeye fan, I feel terrible for a kid that realized a life long dream to play for Iowa Hawkeyes only to join a team that was poorly recruited, poorly coached and subject to several years of disfunction. Two or three years from now, I think Fran will be happy to recruit guys like ERic to come in off the bench and contribute rather than some of the puds we've had in the past few years.

:D

Eric May is going to help this team - both this year and next year. Just watch.

This is really a terrible, cruel post to call out one of Iowa's finest young men. He is a role model as a student, a human being, an unselfish leader on this team, and an example of how I want my children to be when they grow up. Is he a great player? No. But he has skills - he has been playing hurt for several weeks with a bad back (a very serious injury if you are a basketball player) but he is hanging in there.

Dumb. dumb post
Very nice, Chosen.....

I have always appreciated Eric May and his contributions to the team. He is one of the most exciting players to watch, is very good in transition, and plays tenacious D. We definitely need his experience, helping out on D and bringing the ball upcourt when necessary. He has a cool, calming presence on the floor. Hope he can play against Penn State Saturday. One of his best games was against PS his freshman year. With the game getting out of hand, he blocked a breakaway dunk attempt and then electrified the crowd with one of his signature slams.

One of the few games we won that year.....

:D

We know what Eric May has and will bring to Iowa BB.

Loved the well written analysis and comparison to Kevin Boyle and Iowa BB circa 1980 and 2012. too lazy to go back to quote and give kudos to that poster...

May May enjoy 2 winning seasons in his career, not to mention some post season competition and success.

Latest posts