What's our confidence level for tonight?

Hawkfnntn

We are playing pretty good ball but Michigan is just a matchup nightmare for us. I'm not sure what to expect. If we could get their big guys in foul trouble early I'd like our chances more. Problem is they are at home and I think that without Howard they actually improve themselves on the coaching side of things. Here's to hoping for a big road W it'd sure be a statement if we could go into the tourny on all cylinders.

I think are success depends on how the Hawks defend tonight. If Diabate or Dickinson can't be slowed down we are likely in trouble.
Yeah to combat that we gotta get out on the break and score in transition alot and hit 3s. We can't turn it over a lot and have to shoot well because we won't get the offensive rebounds like we have been lately. At least I doubt it.

This is where we miss Nunge terribly is against a front line like this..

The thing we could run into is in the same breath that I hope for foul trouble for Michigans bigs is if the Murrays get into foul trouble than we're pretty much screwed. Is PM going to play tonight? I hadn't heard anything on him recently. If he sits out again that's just more mins for CM and Kris M...

Defcon_1_Type1.gif

Pretty low, but not impossible.

we need Josh O to play some extended minutes and eat up space against their bigs- maybe help clear some room around the basket

who knows, he may get some of the fouls that are headed the Murray's way...

Turns out I shoulda been more confident... Damn other than the last few mins where we kinda got sloppy and let Michigan think they had a chance we showed them who's boss. That was a fun game to watch. The Murrays are so dominant. It's ridiculous. JBo being on fire and Perkins playing hard sure makes this team tough to matchup with.

Turns out I shoulda been more confident... Damn other than the last few mins where we kinda got sloppy and let Michigan think they had a chance we showed them who's boss. That was a fun game to watch. The Murrays are so dominant. It's ridiculous. JBo being on fire and Perkins playing hard sure makes this team tough to matchup with.
JBo dominated 36 minutes of that that game. Timely shooting, vision, keeping it moving, even some defense.

It was uncharacteristic of him to turn it over three times late and hope that trend doesn't continue.

Iowa shot the ball really well, anytime you can shoot 53% from the field and 58% from 3's on the road you are going to win more often than not. Iowa struggled rebounding the ball, and for good reasons as Dickinson is HUGE underneath the hoop, and they got out rebounded 28-25 by Michigan with 9 offensive rebounds. I know there were a couple of huge turnovers, that one pass where JBo wasn't there was funny, but they only had 8 for the game. You expect a mistake to happen from time to time.

I thought for sure we'd see Ogundele, I'm surprised that Michigan didn't go to Dickinson more than they did because Iowa really couldn't stop him. It will be interesting to see how they do against Cockburn on Sunday.

JBo dominated 36 minutes of that that game. Timely shooting, vision, keeping it moving, even some defense.

It was uncharacteristic of him to turn it over three times late and hope that trend doesn't continue.
It'd be nice if we coulda played JBo a little less but man JT and Ulis both make me nervous out there for stretches. That said we aren't saving JBo for anything but this stretch now. That one turnover he had they clobbered him on. I'm not too worried about him at all. He keeps playing like this and we'll be tough to beat

It'd be nice if we coulda played JBo a little less but man JT and Ulis both make me nervous out there for stretches. That said we aren't saving JBo for anything but this stretch now. That one turnover he had they clobbered him on. I'm not too worried about him at all. He keeps playing like this and we'll be tough to beat
With all the shit he's put up with. plus the physical issues, if we make an elite 8 run (which we won't if hes not a big part of it) then he goes down as one of the top ten hawks of the past fifty years.

And that's not hyperbole. IF we make the deep run. He's already cemented himself in the top 20-25. His presence opens things up for others and his vision encourages them to keep moving in the offense.

Iowa shot the ball really well, anytime you can shoot 53% from the field and 58% from 3's on the road you are going to win more often than not. Iowa struggled rebounding the ball, and for good reasons as Dickinson is HUGE underneath the hoop, and they got out rebounded 28-25 by Michigan with 9 offensive rebounds. I know there were a couple of huge turnovers, that one pass where JBo wasn't there was funny, but they only had 8 for the game. You expect a mistake to happen from time to time.

I thought for sure we'd see Ogundele, I'm surprised that Michigan didn't go to Dickinson more than they did because Iowa really couldn't stop him. It will be interesting to see how they do against Cockburn on Sunday.
So this is the first game where we've been out rebounded and won? I had no delusions of grandeur that we'd win that part of the battle with them and you're right shooting that well is what compensates for that.

If Iowa makes 10 plus 3s and shoots over 47% on them then good luck. Keegan took it personally how things went last time. He made it tough on that Diabate kid. He played 30 mins and had 4 pts. It's not all about O with Keegan that was mostly him and by far that is the difference between the two times we've played them now.

In fairness on the rebounds, we didn't miss many shots so there were not as many offensive rebound opportunities. :)

In fairness on the rebounds, we didn't miss many shots so there were not as many offensive rebound opportunities. :)
Which is true but OTOH they gave up 9 offensive rebounds. I think had Iowa missed more shots the rebound gap would have been bigger.