What's osu do at QB next year

clim

Right now it's all celebration but with rumblings of b miller leaving what does u myer do? How can you not start c jones after wins over Bama and Oregon. Maybe c jones declares for draft and they get off easy. Not sure for jones 3 games will get him most favorable draft position but man they were 3 great games. He did make some key mistakes though What do you all think unfolds.

From what I've read Jones says he'll be back and so will Barrett. Braxton Miller... he gone.

Until Cardale Jones loses a game.... he's gotta be the guy. Strong arm that can make the deep throws along with the running game of Elliott. Lethal combo.

Word around OSU campus is that Miller is gone. Rumors are rumors though and can't be trusted.

I'd have to assume Braxton is gone. He's got a good draft projection so why not just go pro instead of coming back to a qb competition and possibly hurt your draft stock by getting beat out. I know Barrett came in and performed at an elite level, but OSU has actually taken a step up with Cardale. He just brings more to the table. Sucks for Barrett though cause he is without a doubt a starting QB. Crazy to think that any of these 3 guys would be a possible Heisman candidate next year.....Urban's problems are much different than most other coach's problems.

Right now it's all celebration but with rumblings of b miller leaving what does u myer do? How can you not start c jones after wins over Bama and Oregon. Maybe c jones declares for draft and they get off easy. Not sure for jones 3 games will get him most favorable draft position but man they were 3 great games. He did make some key mistakes though What do you all think unfolds.

I see it playing out this way:

If Miller returns he will be the starter. How I see it playing out under this scenario. If Jones declares for draft on Thursday Jan 15th , than JT Barrett will return as backup. If Jones doesn't declare for draft and opts to return than JT Barrett will transfer or redshirt.

If Millers leaves OSU: If Jones stays he will be the starter and JT Barrett will transfer or take a redshirt. If Jones opts for Draft, JT Barrett returns as starter.

I think the only way JT Barrett stays is if Jones leaves OSU or Barrett opts for a Redshirt.

Jones has declared he's coming back next year. Could get interesting for Urban. Can't please em all.

I would guess they open spring practice with an open competition. After an in-depth analysis of the quarterbacks, the head coach will pick the one that's the safest, regardless of which one is better. That's what wins national championships.

Braxton Miller is gone since he can transfer anywhere....My guess is he is going to be an Oregon Duck. Jones starts and Barrett is the backup but sees the field. Will be like the Leak/Teabow days

Braxton Miller leaves to the NFL but more probably one more year in college to show the pro scouts is arm is good.

Urban Meyer will handle this situation with Jones and Barrett perfectly. As minimoe said they will both play. Urban Meyer wants both of them to stay and to play so he has two really good QBs with experience.

Urban Meyer will laugh at people if they say he might be wrecking his team by playing two QBs. Barrett throws a great ball and can run maybe better than Jones.

Would you rather transfer or play about 50% of the snaps for Meyer and OSU. no brainer and Jones goes pro after this year so in 2016 the job is Barrett's then he is off to the pros.

All three stay and battle it out. There practice squad QB then get's mad ends up transferring to Iowa and we learn how much talent they truly have at QB when he starts over JR and CJ week 1.

I know Braxton was their guy till he got hurt but I just don't see how they can justify not putting Jones back at starter

I don't know why some people are so against the possibility that Kirk sometimes starts the wrong guy. It happens all the time. Deciding who starts isn't always black and white. Just like every other part of coaching, picking who starts is a skill and some coaches are better at it than others. Kirk's over conservative personality and his fear of the unknown makes him bad at it. Sorry to turn it into a bash Kirk thread because they always end up there, just had to say it.

I don't know why some people are so against the possibility that Kirk sometimes starts the wrong guy. It happens all the time. Deciding who starts isn't always black and white. Just like every other part of coaching, picking who starts is a skill and some coaches are better at it than others. Kirk's over conservative personality and his fear of the unknown makes him bad at it. Sorry to turn it into a bash Kirk thread because they always end up there, just had to say it.

I wonder if Urban gave KF a call this off-season for advice on how to handle a QB controversy?

Latest posts