What would you do if you're a PSU fan or your kid plays for them?

IOWuh

Just curious what everyone would do if you were a parent of a kid on the current roster. What would you do as a life long fan of the program? Do you show up Saturday and cheer? Do you boycott anything related to Paterno/Sandusky/McQueary?

Just curious what everyone would do if you were a parent of a kid on the current roster. What would you do as a life long fan of the program? Do you show up Saturday and cheer? Do you boycott anything related to Paterno/Sandusky/McQueary?

You send your kids to play for a coach or go to camps and trust they will protect your kids.

I would be spending my Saturday preparing for a big *** lawsuit, and I would include Paterno and McQueary as defendants.

To save the integrity of the School they need to clean house starting at the top.People will change but the School will survive.

id go to the game and cheer for the players, cuz they didnt do anything wrong. Doesnt make any sense to have the players suffer. Ill be cheering for them to beat NEB.

id go to the game and cheer for the players, cuz they didnt do anything wrong. Doesnt make any sense to have the players suffer. Ill be cheering for them to beat NEB.

Wrong answer. I won't be acknowledging, let alone cheering, anything PSU. They can not be trusted.

If I were a student or player I would transfer and if I were a parent I would urge my child to do the same. I wouldn't want to have anything to do with the university.

Wrong answer. I won't be acknowledging, let alone cheering, anything PSU. They can not be trusted.

So anyone who disagrees with you is givin the wrong answer? 99.9% of those involved with PSU had absolutely nothing to do with this...the students, the players, the coaches, the fans, the alumni...on and on.

I hope they kick the **** out of Nebby and if I was a PSU fan, I'd show up and cheer for my team.

So anyone who disagrees with you is givin the wrong answer? 99.9% of those involved with PSU had absolutely nothing to do with this...the students, the players, the coaches, the fans, the alumni...on and on.

I hope they kick the **** out of Nebby and if I was a PSU fan, I'd show up and cheer for my team.

Your team, your program, just oversaw a long period of blatant criminal activity based on violence against children. Maybe someday down the line, when this situation has been resolved, then you can revisit your fandom. Bad situation for the players, but sorry, their in the wrong place at the wrong time, that is life. Lots of people are going to have forgo certain pleasures because of this.

thats a tough one...i love the hawks....if this happened there...i dont know...if they got all those involved out i would still be a hawk...but geez, i would kind of feel scummy....god, the team i love with this associated with them....i would want new people in that declared this will never happen again....

If this was happening at Iowa, same circumstances, I would absolutely renounce my fandom until all the parties involved were fired. If Iowa were to let Ferentz finish out the season then I would never be a fan again. Simple.

Your team, your program, just oversaw a long period of blatant criminal activity based on violence against children. Maybe someday down the line, when this situation has been resolved, then you can revisit your fandom. Bad situation for the players, but sorry, their in the wrong place at the wrong time, that is life. Lots of people are going to have forgo certain pleasures because of this.

So if the President of the United States was found to be corrupt and committing atrocious acts, you would move to a different country? That is essentially what you are suggesting Penn St fans/players do. The players had nothing to do with this. If I were a fan of PSU I would cheer my a$$ off to show support for the team, players, and school that I love. You don't turn your back because of a few bad individuals regardless of what happened. That doesn't mean you aren't ashamed of what happened or don't feel remorse for the victims, etc. You demand that justice be served and let the courts handle it. But you can't say I'm not going to be a fan for now then jump back on later. You either are in or out. Plus you are no better than the sensationalist media who presumes guilt prior to having all of the facts in the case. Has Joe Paterno had a chance to tell his side of the story? If so can you post the link because I haven't seen it. Until I know all the facts I won't hang anyone. Many of you would have stoned him to death already even though you don't know the facts. That's pathetic.

So if the President of the United States was found to be corrupt and committing atrocious acts, you would move to a different country? That is essentially what you are suggesting Penn St fans/players do. The players had nothing to do with this. If I were a fan of PSU I would cheer my a$$ off to show support for the team, players, and school that I love. You don't turn your back because of a few bad individuals regardless of what happened. That doesn't mean you aren't ashamed of what happened or don't feel remorse for the victims, etc. You demand that justice be served and let the courts handle it. But you can't say I'm not going to be a fan for now then jump back on later. You either are in or out. Plus you are no better than the sensationalist media who presumes guilt prior to having all of the facts in the case. Has Joe Paterno had a chance to tell his side of the story? If so can you post the link because I haven't seen it. Until I know all the facts I won't hang anyone. Many of you would have stoned him to death already even though you don't know the facts. That's pathetic.

Well said Bud2380.

Just because a few bad apples within the institution committed crimes, it does not make the institution guilty of a crime.

The representatives of the institution need to remove the bad apples, replace them with highly moral, quality people and move on to find ways to assure the incident or similar incidents never happen again.

Latest posts