What would/should 'Big 10' change name to w/ 12th member?

We could do what Prince did... use a symbol...
...make everyone refer to us as the conference formerly known as the Big10

Colin Cowherd actually had some good points on this today. That is the Big 10 should go after Rutgers because the Big 10 would then get the New York media market, and that would be huge. Plus they have outstanding academics and their own stadium.

I just hope Iowa gets put in the "Nile Kinnick Division" of the new Big10...hey, if they're smart they won't go geographical with the divisions, why not give them cool names!?!?

Being a historical kind of guy, maybe it should return to one of it prior names:

"The Western Conference"

Using the term "BigTen" is fine with me as well.

I think you can stop with the name hunting, because a change just ain'y gonna happen!

I would be absolutely shocked if they ever changed it from the Big Ten. There is over 100 years of tradition in that name and it is easily one of the most recognized names in sports. They would have to spend a hundred million dollars in advertizing to get a new name anywhere near as easily recognized as "Big Ten" is now. It would be absolutely foolish to change the name.

If it can be the Big Ten with 11 members, it can be the Big Ten with 12 members.

Well, you can have both...expansion with no name change. I'd bet a paycheck that if we expand there is no name change. In my mind, it's actually entertaining to see how being called the Big Ten when we actually have eleven seems to grate some peoples nerves. So I don't mind adding fuel to that fire.

Latest posts