What will MSU do on defense?

NCHawker

Well, probably the same thing everyone has done to Iowa. They first seek to stop the run. I don't know if MSU needs to sell out to do that or not. But they're traditionally very aggressive on defense. I'm hoping the coaches come up with a great plan to gash them regardless of what they do. Or like last week, gash them just enough.

MSU's offense is pretty explosive - like Indiana? maybe. MSU throws better than anyone we've seen. Their run game seems to be coming along now too.

While I think IA can score, just need to stop them often enough - THAT will be the difference.

I have a good enough defense that they don't need to sell out on the run. On the other hand I feel that we will be able to run the ball to some extent and it won't win us the game like it has at times. We need to get the run game going so it opens up passing opportunities. On defense we need to stop the run first and then play well enough on the pass to get us the win.

I was at the game when we played MSU in 2013. The MSU D controlled our O-line for most of the game, just like they did to OSU last weekend. I'm sure they will try to establish this against us right from the start, but this Iowa o-line and running attack is much tougher. I also think we have better blocking tight ends than we did 2 years Also, we have a much better QB running things now compared to the guy who ran in it in 2013.

control the line of scrimmage and get to CJ. That would be my game plan on defense. CJ has to play a solid game and get the ball to our 2 stud tight ends.

Go back and watch the Pitt game if you can. Pitt D = MSU D. MSU's defensive philosophy remains the same as it has been even though he is no longer there.

Latest posts