What will it take to make the tourny this year? serious question

BergHawk7

if, IF, iowa beats wisconsin on the road, will going 7-1 (loss at Indiana) in their next 8 games after that be enough to make the tourny without winning a game in the B1G tourny?

Beat the teams they are suppose to beat. Don't **** away games (ala like the football team). Shoot the ball like a Big Ten team should shoot the ball.

Iowa simply needs to go 6-3, then win their first game in the BTC tourney, and they'll get a #9 seed.

I am optimistic it can happen. Just sucks that we could already be all but in if we just finish the games we were leading late.

This is very doable too. Especially if we beat Wisconsin.

Don't need the road game at Wisky.

Iowa will win all of the 4 remaining games against Nebraska (2), Penn State (1), and Northwestern (1). They will win 2 of these 3 home games: Illinois, Purdue, Minnesota.

If they beat Wisky, they will go 10-8.

I am optimistic it can happen. Just sucks that we could already be all but in if we just finish the games we were leading late.

And that's exactly why Iowa is not an NCAA team. Are they a pretty decent team? Yes! However, they are just too young, inconsistent and poorly coached** this year.

** Before you go haywire, I want to clarify that FrannyMac is a good coach who is over-coaching. He's still trying to "outsmart" the game with his funky lineups at crucial times. He's still reaching for "Rudy moments" with his substitutions (today, with Marble, was like Mickey making Rocky go righty, then unleashing the southpaw -- he held RDM out forever, then thought he was going to be the "ace-up-the-sleeve" at crunch time, just like at PU, neither worked out.)

Next year!

This team is so close to 7-2 in BIG play. Once they learn to win and close games they are going to be really good. Still optimistic about sneaking into the NCAA this year but the optimism is fading quickly.

And that's exactly why Iowa is not an NCAA team. Are they a pretty decent team? Yes! However, they are just too young, inconsistent and poorly coached** this year.

** Before you go haywire, I want to clarify that FrannyMac is a good coach who is over-coaching. He's still trying to "outsmart" the game with his funky lineups at crucial times. He's still reaching for "Rudy moments" with his substitutions (today, with Marble, was like Mickey making Rocky go righty, then unleashing the southpaw -- he held RDM out forever, then thought he was going to be the "ace-up-the-sleeve" at crunch time, just like at PU, neither worked out.)

Next year!

I agree with a lot of this. I will add that bubble teams are also classified as pretty decent teams.

Win all games at home and beat PSU and Nebby on the road.

I would agree with this although I think the Hawks would need to win their first round game in the BTT. Winning all remaining home games and winning those two road games would probably make Iowa a 7 or 8 seed in the BTT with a game against Neb/NW/Purdue. Can't afford to slip up against any one of those teams.

At this rate no way does Illinois make the tournament.. after starting 2 and 7 and losing games at home

Iowa sweeps at home and they have a great shot.

Latest posts