What will happen when MSU finally puts 4 Qts together

Digger

Guru
VS NW MSU was a 2H team, they trailed 7-0 at the half and then went on a 24 point run before giving up a 4Q TD to win 24-14.

Vs IL MSU played 1H of FB, the 1st half jumping out to a 17-0 lead at the half. MSU's D had an early 2H pick 6 to go up 24-0 and the team shut it down for the last 28 minutes winning 24-14.

Vs MI which has the 8th best rushing O in the United States at 235 yards per game and a 5.4 ypc, MSU shut them down to 20 yards rushing in regulation(28 total) and jumped out to a 20-6 lead, before giving up 2 TDs in the last 5 minutes. MSU won 26-20 in OT. MSU outgained Michigan 417-251 in total O.

Last edited:
iowas gameplan

Get off the bus.
throw helmets on field.
........three hours later "in heaven there is no bear"
badda bing badda undefeated.

Michigan State cannot complete a drive it seems. All those yards but not points to show for it. Also; it seems that they get cruddy field position. Oh, and another thing... Iowa hasn't yet put a full game together either (Wisconsin was good play by Stanzi whom had a good game, but all-in-all our running game was a bit slow early on).

VS NW MSU was a 2H team, they trailed 7-0 at the half and then went on a 24 point run before giving up a 4Q TD to win 24-14.

Vs IL MSU played 1H of FB, the 1st half jumping out to a 17-0 lead at the half. MSU's D had an early 2H pick 6 to go up 24-0 and the team shut it down for the last 28 minutes winning 24-14.

Vs MI which has the 8th best rushing O in the United States at 235 yards per game and a 5.4 ypc, MSU shut them down to 20 yards rushing in regulation(28 total) and jumped out to a 20-6 lead, before giving up 2 TDs in the last 5 minutes. MSU won 26-20 in OT. MSU outgained Michigan 417-251 in total O.

I'm failing to see the point of posting MSU's offensive stats, but from looking at that they look to be as schizophrenic as ever on offense. It also seems that they have an ability to give up points in bunches on defense.

However, I believe the proper question is what will happen when Iowa puts 4 quarters together?

Everyone is talking about Iowa putting 4Qts together. The same thing can be said about MSU. Iowa lost 3 in a row last Yr before putting it together and knocking the #3 team in the country off at home when nobody was expecting it. Half the people in the country expect MSU to win Saturday so it is different in that sense.

Let em put together 4 qtrs and lets do the same. I like how this team finds ways to win and I feel it will come down to that on Saturday. Going to be tough, tight hard fought game until the end....

iowas gameplan

Get off the bus.
throw helmets on field.
........three hours later "in heaven there is no bear"
badda bing badda undefeated.

No bears in heaven? Are you saying Gentle Ben is in hell? This will bring tears to my eyes.

Last edited:
I think the better thing to think is that BOTH teams put it together and we get a nice smash-mouth football game to watch; and another close win by Iowa to help me with my goal of having a heart attack by my next birthday.

What happens when Iowa faces the worst pass defense in the conference?
What happens when MSU actually faces a good defense that excels at stopping this type of offense?
What happens when an MSU team that got pummeled by WI faces an Iowa team that held WI to 10 points?
What happens when you run out of 'what ifs' and cherry-picked statistics that favor MSU?

You play the game.

That reminds me of two things:

"Aw, we'll just go play!"
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VGNEdOGtBlo"]YouTube - Alabama coach Joe Kine's Independence Bowl Halftime Interview[/ame]

"You play to win the game"
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W42iiCcFbxE&feature=related"]YouTube - Herm Edwards "You play to win the game!"[/ame]

"What will happen when Iowa finally puts 4 Qts together?"

hawks to physical on both sides of football. stanzi plays like last week and we rush for over 130 yds. as a team and its over. UI 24 MSU 13

Latest posts