What were the refs discussing after the field goal?

Frost wanted them to give keith Duncan an unsportsmanlike, hoping it would help them with 1 second left and us having to kickoff, or hoping they would take the field goal off the board.

Those refs were shady man.

I’d still like an explanation on Nicos catch. He caught the ball, tucked it, took two steps, and the defender makes contact. He hits the ground, rolls over, then the ball pops out. How the hell is that not a catch? Then we get the “process of the catch” BS. I guarantee had that been Nebby it would be play stands as called.

Frost wanted them to give keith Duncan an unsportsmanlike, hoping it would help them with 1 second left and us having to kickoff, or hoping they would take the field goal off the board.
With what I saw in the 2nd half it would not surprise me if they were discussing if a taunting would nullify the FG.
Unsportsmanlike after a scoring play is a dead ball foul. The penalty is 15 yards assessed on the kickoff. A dead ball foul by rule cannot overturn a scoring play.

Even if they had flagged Duncan they would have gotten fifteen yards with zero seconds to go. Once that ball went through the uprights and became dead, the game was over unless they ran the kickoff back, no matter what Frost wanted.

Unsportsmanlike after a scoring play is a dead ball foul. The penalty is 15 yards assessed on the kickoff. A dead ball foul by rule cannot overturn a scoring play.

Even if they had flagged Duncan they would have gotten fifteen yards with zero seconds to go. Once that ball went through the uprights and became dead, the game was over unless they ran the kickoff back, no matter what Frost wanted.

You say that until it’s called and happens. Then you say they can’t do they and it’s wrong. Won’t matter if Nebby wins. All you’ll get is the Monday Morning apology from the conference.

This. It is the same thing as when Belton got flagged for hitting the Minnesota receiver late; they didn't get to keep the ball because it was a fourth down. It is a dead ball foul and it is post-play. It would have been enforced on the kickoff, which would not have helped Nebraska.

You say that until it’s called and happens. Then you say they can’t do they and it’s wrong. Won’t matter if Nebby wins. All you’ll get is the Monday Morning apology from the conference.
LOL.

Questionable interpretive calls happen ALL the time, i.e. catch/no catch, in bounds/out of bounds, PI or no PI, etc.

But you’re talking about a procedural application of a penalty here, and those mistakes just never happen at the P5 level. I certainly can’t think of any time it has before. What you’re describing as a possibility would be equivalent to an umpire calling someone out on two strikes and standing by his decision, or a basketball ref giving someone five free throws for a personal foul.

It’s just fucking stupid to suggest, man. Any ref who overturned a scoring play after a dead ball foul would never work another college game in his life, let alone a B1G one. He’d get fired before his flight landed.

Look, the officiating last night was questionable in my opinion (which says something because I never bitch about officials), but you’re going full-on tin hat here.

My biggest problem with the no catch call...is that they called it a catch on the field. They need clear evidence to overturn it. I think the video supports both an incomplete and a catch. If the call on the field was incomplete...and after review it was still incomplete...I'd still be pissed. But, I would agree they followed the process and the result was the proper call.

correct, i'm just saying what they were trying to have happen. best case for nebby they get 15 yards assessed on the kickoff and get a better chance at a return with 1 second left

Latest posts