Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Penn State

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • Iowa State

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters

JonDMiller

Publisher/Founder
At home vs MSU, or vs Mizzou in Insight?

MSU: Home game, fluke play that really changed complexion of the game early on..but Iowa was dominating in first Q on both sides, MSU had to call a timeout in 1st Q...30-0 at half.

Mizzou: All of the scar tissue from the year had yet to take place for MSU game...Iowa overcomes a ton of adversity, neutral field, 10 win opponent and a style that has been anathema to Iowa's D this year...had lead, fell behind, seen that movie, come back, win in dramatic fashion.

Which was most meaningful, bigger, whatever?

I have to go with Missouri since it basically stopped the bleeding and sent us into the off season in a positive mood, but that is just my opinion.

I went with MSU because it showed what this team was capable of. Too bad the rest of the season didn't shake out the same way, but it showed me their potential.

Plus, it was an epic beatdown and that's always fun.

Indiana. You guys saw my meltdown after that NU game and the continuance of meltdown mode I was until Tuesday night, we lose that Indiana game and finish 6-6 and I probably would have had a gripper. I've come to expect beating little brother and decent teams like Missori, PSU and MSU (especially at home), but those games against Indiana and Northwestern are the ones I really appreciate because they seem so rare and drama filled when they do occur.

Mizzou....it is the one that either sticks in your craw for 9 months or leaves the sweet taste for more....longer lasting.

love beating PSU & ISU :)
... almost as much as Wisc & Minn :(

Definitely MSU over Mizzou ... not even close

I guess I can somewhat understand why someone would vote for the MSU game, but I can't for the life of me figure out why anybody would seriously vote for any of the others. After everything that happened this season, especially with the last couple of weeks, the clear answer is Missouri and it's not even close.

Mizzou clearly the game IMO. MSU would be if the season ended differently. Still shocking how this team preformed after that MSU game.

At the time of the win, it was MSU. But knowing the landslide that happened afterwards, it loses a lot of its meaning. Mizzou when you look at things in full context.

At the time of the win, it was MSU. But knowing the landslide that happened afterwards, it loses a lot of its meaning. Mizzou when you look at things in full context.

This. We HAD to win that bowl game. Another loss would have been devastating.

Missouri because I believe they are the best team we played this year (better than Wisky, O$U and MSU).

I think MSU was overrated and it will show up in their bowl game. I don't think Wisky or O$U are really that good either, but we'll see on New Year's Day.

Missouri was an outstanding team; great QB and great defense and we played them to a standstill and ultimately won the game.

Really it was one of Iowa's great bowl wins

I have to go with Missouri since it basically stopped the bleeding and sent us into the off season in a positive mood, but that is just my opinion.

Wedomn8 you are entitled to your opinion, no matter how wrong it is.
Just kidding! Happy new year brother!

For me that Pess State game was magical. The black and gold stadium, under the lights......just gives me chills. I got the picture up on my wall.

Indiana.

Without a dropped pass in the end zone, Iowa would have been 6-6 and no insight bowl.

Yeah, I agree with your logic, and have mentioned to myself many times, (frequently no one else listens to me), that a loss to Indiana would have been terrible for the season. But overall the Missouri win kind of rescued the season. Not for many maybe, but it did for me.

Latest posts