What type of football do you like?

What type of offense do you like to watch?

• Pro Style

Votes: 18 60.0%
  • Spread Passing

Votes: 7 23.3%
  • Spread Option

Votes: 2 6.7%
  • Pistol/triple option/flexbone/others

Votes: 3 10.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Enginerd

Wide open Big 12 or prostyle Big Ten

I hate the spread, it should be limited to 1 team per BCS conference, and Non AQ Conferences.

BTW this is not intended as criticism of KOK, it's just to gauge opinions

Last edited:
I prefer a pro-style offense. However, I also prefer whatever works. And the no-huddle, shotgun setup is more effective for us right now.

Wide open Big 12 or prostyle Big Ten

I hate the spread, it should be limited to 1 team per BCS conference, and Non AQ Conferences.

BTW this is not intended as criticism of KOK, it's just to gauge opinions
What do you mean by pro style B1G? It looks like to me there are only 2 or 3 pro style teams in the B1G.

What do you mean by pro style B1G? It looks like to me there are only 2 or 3 pro style teams in the B1G.

Iowa, Wisky, Penn St, Mich St, Ohio St play non-spread pro style offenses. I admit that "pro style" has been diluted by the pasing attacks that the patriots and packers run. In general I mean an offense that utilizes 1 or 2 backs, tight ends and makes a concerted effort to establish the run and work play action passing.

I voted for Pro Style. Unlike Professional football colleges can carry 85 + walk-ons on a roster, granted the talent level is different. This allows college coaches to expand what they are willing to risk players; ie QB's, to do. While it is within the rules, it exposes skill position players to the possibility of injuries. Certain programs can take that risk because they are well positioned to do it, meaning they have back-ups to replace skilled players if injured. Pro teams can't take that risk.

The defense is at too much of a disadvantage against spread offenses. In my estimation if the offense puts 4 or 5 receivers within three yards of the l.o.s. then the play must be run as a pass play, the QB could not run with the ball beyond the l.o.s. If there is at least three backs in the backfield you could run either a pass or run play.

I voted for Pro Style. Unlike Professional football colleges can carry 85 + walk-ons on a roster, granted the talent level is different. This allows college coaches to expand what they are willing to risk players; ie QB's, to do. While it is within the rules, it exposes skill position players to the possibility of injuries. Certain programs can take that risk because they are well positioned to do it, meaning they have back-ups to replace skilled players if injured. Pro teams can't take that risk.

The defense is at too much of a disadvantage against spread offenses. In my estimation if the offense puts 4 or 5 receivers within three yards of the l.o.s. then the play must be run as a pass play, the QB could not run with the ball beyond the l.o.s. If there is at least three backs in the backfield you could run either a pass or run play.

Add to that with all the option and spread teams out there in college ball, the D's are having to gear up to stop those types of O's (even Bo admits to that), SO when it comes draft time good run stopping LB's and DB's are going to be at an all time high as are good QB's that can do more than run. DO YOU BOYS IN IOWA CITY HEAR ME? STEP IT UP, AND YOU COULD VERY WELL BE PLAYING ON SUNDAYS.

I went with spread passing. From a purely entertainment standpoint, I'd much rather watch a team that can sling it around. There is beauty in watching a good rushing team block a DL, but I'd much prefer to watch a team that likes to spread you out and 'throw it where they ain't.'

Latest posts