What this Saturday could have been...

krkhawks

I hate shoulda, woulda, couldas....but if the Hawkeyes would have closed out the 5 games in Big Ten play, in which they had the lead in with under 2 minutes to play, they would be tied for the league lead with Indiana at 12-3. Saturday's game at Indiana would be for the outright lead in the league. Heck, I would have settled for just 3 out of 5 of those games but instead they sit at 7-8. Makes me sick thinking about it. If this eats at me this bad I can only imagine how Franny feels. With all that said, I still love my Hawks.

Over the years I've realized that "shoulda, woulda, coulda" is fundamental to being a Hawkeye fan. Many, many years it's all you have.

The illinois game has more of the woulda coulda feel for me. It would have been a huge home crowd and a win would of likely put us in. Never expected to beat indy on the road.

Just being in the dance? The dance results still wouldn't change. this team is not their yet.

Wouldn't change? Our dance chances wouldn't be better if we were 10-5 in conference, without those bad losses to Purdue and Nebraska, plus another good win against Wisc, Minn, or Mich State?

3 years ago in the last season of the Lickliter era, we weren't even able to dream about a "shoulda, woulda, coulda" scenario.

The Iowa program fell extremely far and extremely hard under Alford and Lickliter....mostly Lickliter. Fran had a monumental task ahead of him, but he's getting the job done. He provided us with a "brighter future" by year 2....something Lickliter never accomplished and something Alford rarely accomplished.

To me, it's great to know that we at least had a chance. That's significant improvement from 3 years ago.

This team just needs one more year of development and experience. If it all comes together just right, next season could be very special for Iowa Basketball.

Wouldn't change? Our dance chances wouldn't be better if we were 10-5 in conference, without those bad losses to Purdue and Nebraska, plus another good win against Wisc, Minn, or Mich State?

Not to an illini troll it wouldn't.

Talking about if we were dancing. The results wouldn't be very pretty. Not this year.

Just being in the dance? The dance results still wouldn't change. this team is not their yet.

Yep, even if you just flip @Purdue and @Nebraska we would be talking about a 9-6 (20-8) Iowa team that is squarely in the tournament right now.

Yep, even if you just flip @Purdue and @Nebraska we would be talking about a 9-6 (20-8) Iowa team that is squarely in the tournament right now.

Yes and flipping those 2 games and VT speaks volumes.

Yes and flipping those 2 games and VT speaks volumes.

I would not ever dreamed VT would be such a bad loss. They looked so good when we played them. That is not a game and look back on and say Iowa should have won it, VT was pulling away at the end.

I realize that was the ACC challenge but if Iowa is going to play on the road in the OCC at least make sure they are a top 100 team.

I would not ever dreamed VT would be such a bad loss. They looked so good when we played them. That is not a game and look back on and say Iowa should have won it, VT was pulling away at the end.

I realize that was the ACC challenge but if Iowa is going to play on the road in the OCC at least make sure they are a top 100 team.

I was very impressed with VT. They looked great when we played them. Then folks started saying, "VT? You lost to them? They suck." Then i was all, "They suck? When did that happen?"

I was very impressed with VT. They looked great when we played them. Then folks started saying, "VT? You lost to them? They suck." Then i was all, "They suck? When did that happen?"

Funny thing is I do not remember Iowa playing all that bad, they just got beat. At Purdue, second half at Nebraska, at Michigan they played like crap.

Tomorrow's game isn't for the outright lead. We can't win the conference but we can get right back in the thick of the Bubble talk with a win. No, I'm not predicting a win...highly unlikely. I'm just saying this game is big and the upset would be most welcome and a very nice pick me up for us fans and would start to get the Hawks back in the conversation. I don't expect a win but would love to feel that sense of stress coming from the fans with 8 minutes left...meaning we were still managing to hang around longer than Indiana players or fans ever could have imagined.

I did the same thing. I saw when they got their first loss to WVU, then next time I checked they were .500, scoring in the 50's and getting blown out all the time.

Latest posts