What message is KF sending his team

HawkPrdatr40

1:47 and 2 Timeouts to go and KF opts to run out the clock. I really think that is a very poor message to be sending to your players especially at this level. I also don't think this helps the recruiting efforts.

How many coaches at this level are really playing for the half to end down 3 with that much time and those timeouts? My take is a very small minority!

Last edited:
Look at Jordan Diamond's Tweet: Something to the effect of Ark vs Auburn = Good Football.

It does have affect on recruits for sure.

Wasn't it OSU in 2009 where we called timeouts to get the ball back with like a minute and a half left at the end of the game only to kneel it/run it? Today at half Iowa decides to run the clock out, but end up getting a first down or two then they decide to try to get a drive in after wasting like a minute.

Pretty sure the philosophy is run until you get a first down and then open it up. Problem is when your back is a three yards and a could of dust guy. Getting that first down isn't easy or quick.

Pretty sure the philosophy is run until you get a first down and then open it up. Problem is when your back is a three yards and a could of dust guy. Getting that first down isn't easy or quick.

That's what I think the staff is thinking. Problem is, running to get the first down kills the clock and you don't have much time left once you decide you want to really go for it.

Not to mention we always take the ball first and kick-off to start the 2nd half. Therefore our opponent is basically getting 2 possessions a row. I must have bi**hed abut this for an hour yesterday. Awful philosiphy, it's not even conservative coaching, it's no confidence coaching....and at worst why not throw up a hail mary to end the half? Does KF really think there's a better chance of a 100 yard int return than McNutt or Douglass coming down with a jump ball??? Now I'm getting pi**ed again!
p.s.- does KF know that it does absolutely no good to take timeouts with you into the locker room at half? cheeeeezzzuzzz

Not to mention we always take the ball first and kick-off to start the 2nd half. Therefore our opponent is basically getting 2 possessions a row. I must have bi**hed abut this for an hour yesterday. Awful philosiphy, it's not even conservative coaching, it's no confidence coaching....and at worst why not throw up a hail mary to end the half? Does KF really think there's a better chance of a 100 yard int return than McNutt or Douglass coming down with a jump ball??? Now I'm getting pi**ed again!
p.s.- does KF know that it does absolutely no good to take timeouts with you into the locker room at half? cheeeeezzzuzzz

That is exactly what I thought yesterday. We have almost 2 mins to go before half and 2 Timeouts, so why are we giving up a possession. I could see some sort of logic if we got the ball to start the 3rd, but even then you have to try to get points with that much time and those timeouts. Scratching head? WTF is that?

It's just getting very old...

We have known for a long time KF is missing his pair.

OUCH! That hurt. But needed to be said...

I don't mind (usually) that he coaches with no balls. What I do mind is that he doesn't go with what is proven to work! JV, 3 great receivers and the no-huddle WORKS. Use it!!

Would any of you trust this offense on the road against a good defense?

I know he would play it the same way no matter what but yesterday was one of the few situations where it actually made sense to sit on it

OUCH! That hurt. But needed to be said...

I don't mind (usually) that he coaches with no balls. What I do mind is that he doesn't go with what is proven to work! JV, 3 great receivers and the no-huddle WORKS. Use it!!

This is far from proven...it worked for a quarter against Pitt

This is far from proven...it worked for a quarter against Pitt

Kirk...is that you? I didn't think you knew what the interwebs was??? In all seriousness, are you some sort of idiot??? This team has scored, looked more in sync and has been way more dangerous in the no huddle this year and it was more than the last quarter of the Pitt game, I mean the old pro style worked out so well for them the first three quarters, right? It amazes me that they getting up the field on that first drive with the no huddle, they get to psu's 40 and go right back to the pro style and the drive stalls out. I don't know about anyone else, but I want a coach who will put his foot on the opponents throat and hold it there the whole game and KF ain't ever gonna do it and it is a sad state of affairs for these kids

Latest posts