What is your prized Hawk item

IH8ST

Slow time of the year so thought I would post this over here as I also posted on the other site and found some people had some really kick azz stuff. I'll go first, I have a majority of the game used Bowl jerseys from the 1993-present. Not sure how I started collecting those but man its a fun hobby. I also have both white and black Banana peel jerseys from the mid 90's and just recently got a the Hawkeye Gloves with the tigerhawk on the palms that the players wear. I know you can't get those anywhere really. I have most of the game used throwback jerseys the Hawks have worn in recent years. I have some connections if anyone is interested, let me know and I will get you my info.

Anyone have a game used 2010 Throwback they wore against Ball State? I am needing one and would pay good money for one.

What's does everyone have that's rare and unique?

It's not technically a Hawkeye deal but I have an autographed BJ Armstrong rookie card he signed for me at one of Iowa's old camps they used to hold in Storm Lake. Not sure they even still do that type of deal anymore. But meeting him and Mr. Davis was awesome.

In my possession but just holding them for him: DJK's letterman jacket or his 1st team WR B1G award from 2010 or some of his Iowa weekly offensive team awards.

Mine: signed Fred Russel jersey, signed Sonn Greene jersey (both Iowa and jets jersey)

It was never mine but about eleven years ago I was in possession of a football that was signed by the entire Iowa football coaching staff. I had it for about two months before delivering it to a surgeon who had a little boy as a patient who was a HAWKEYE fan and who had cancer and lived down here in Atlanta, Georgia. Whatever coaching flaws our coaching staff has had they are great men and have a heart of HAWKEYE GOLD.

Bill Krause was from my hometown and knew my dad fairly well. When Iowa ripped out that old astro-turf, (not sure what year it was)....Bill got a 3 x 3' piece of it. He framed it and gave it to my dad. When dad passed in 04, I was the proud recipient of that piece of Kinnick history.

A picture of my daughters at a game with their arms around each other in front of the Iowa end zone in the seats we were in.

They were young and their expressions are priceless. Even though they didnt enjoy the game.

Not big on memorabilia, But I have a lot of great memories of being a Hawkeye fan over the last 50 some years. So many in fact it's hard to remember them all.

A personalized Hawkeye football signed by the Captain himself. Wife got it for me several years ago for my birthday. The one time I nearly cried when I opened a gift. It sits in my office over my shoulder and I look at it everyday. I've also have a brick that I bought from the old Kinnick facade.

It's not technically a Hawkeye deal but I have an autographed BJ Armstrong rookie card he signed for me at one of Iowa's old camps they used to hold in Storm Lake. Not sure they even still do that type of deal anymore. But meeting him and Mr. Davis was awesome.

I got him and Kevin Gamble to sign cards for me many years ago. They were playing in the old Hawkeye Pro-Am that they used to hold at Finkbine, and a friend of mine was caddying in their foursome.

EDIT: It was the Amana VIP golf tournament they had at Finkbine. I just remembered the name and had to come back and correct my mistake. :)

Last edited:
I got him and Kevin Gamble to sign cards for me many years ago. They were playing in the old Hawkeye Pro-Am that they used to hold at Finkbine, and a friend of mine was caddying in their foursome.
That's pretty awesome. I used to be able to sneak into Siebens Fieldhouse gym to shoot hoops when I was a kid. They didn't lock anything for some reason back then haha. I mean from the time I was like 11 to 15 I was getting in there. I'm talking from like 1990ish to 1995ish. I have an aunt that lives like 2 blocks behind there right on the lake. Used to walk back and forth to play tennis and sneak in gym. We couldn't get in pool down stairs but we tried. If I remember right I think BJ Armstrong had family on his wifes side from Storm Lake or around there. So he was happy to do those camps back then.

I have a Tim Dwight signed football. A signed football from all the player from the 2005 season. Derrick Mitchell game used jersey. Kirk Ferentz signed mini helmet. Rick Heller signed baseball. I would love to have the Iowa gloves with the Tigerhawk to wear to games.

I have a football signed by coach Fry and Ferentz, and a business card signed by Nile Kinnick and Eddie Anderson. It's framed but in pencil and starting to fade.

Not in the league with what you guys have but I like my two Hawkeye Pepsi bottles from the 83 Gator bowl season. Never opened but slight evaporation. I have a lot of 80's stuff but not expensive or hard to get items.

I have a football signed by coach Fry and Ferentz, and a business card signed by Nile Kinnick and Eddie Anderson. It's framed but in pencil and starting to fade.

You have a signed Nile Kinnick business card? Would you consider selling it? Thanks

Mini helmets signed by Dwight and Devries. Framed Picture signed by dwight, a couple Footballs signed by a bunch of players mainly NFL guys. I really like the old basketball buttons I have from the early 80s, maybe some of you know what I'm talking about but they are cool. BJ and Hanson signed Cards. I have my ticket stub from the 02' game at the Dome that has great memories. I wish I had a pair of the old black and gold nikes the Raveling teams wore, those were cool. Oh, I do have a basketball Fran signed and personalized to me.

Not to bump my own thread, but I have a couple extra items I'm looking to sell on the Hawk Exchange forum if anyone is interested. Couple unique items to add to your collection. I'd be willing to trade for baseball memorabilia too.

Latest posts