Votes: 11 26.2%
  • Beat WI, but lose to NE

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Lose to WI, but beat NE

Votes: 21 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

1hawkeye1

We all hope the Hawks win out. In your head, not your heart, how do you see this season playing out?

I think Iowa will lose to Wisconsin and beat Nebraska.

I see Gordon having another huge game (225+ yards) and killing Iowa on the edges. I think it will take at least 38 points to beat Wisconsin, and I just don't think Iowa has it in them this week.

Against Nebraska, I think Iowa will win the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball, and Weisman will pound away like he did last year. I think Nebraska's offense will have more success than last year (better QB play), but I like the Hawkeyes in a one-score game.

We all hope the Hawks win out. In your head, not your heart, how do you see this season playing out?

next 2 games will be a microcosim of the first 10 games.

No feature players. Every RB and WR is a role player for specific situation.

I'm not sure how this team stops the RB's from Wisconsin and Nebraska based on what I've seen to date.

Shout out to Hawknick, your remind me of how I used to think when I was younger. Always seeing a win in your head, your heart, Good Stuff.. Thumbs up.. Right now you probably have the BB team pegged for 41-0 and National Champions!! :)

Last edited:
I think some people forget that Iowa beat teams with two of the best running backs in the country in Tevin Coleman and James Connor. Those guys still got some yards in those games, but if our offense can match it and we stop them in the passing game(which they are not proficient in) I think we have a great chance. This is the same Wisconsin team that was beat by Northwestern.

I think some people forget that Iowa beat teams with two of the best running backs in the country in Tevin Coleman and James Connor. Those guys still got some yards in those games, but if our offense can match it and we stop them in the passing game(which they are not proficient in) I think we have a great chance. This is the same Wisconsin team that was beat by Northwestern.

and this is the same team that then went on to beat Maryland 52-7. When it comes to college football you can toss this type of stuff out the window.

I went with the win out. The old dudes (coaches) and young dudes (players) will blow us away with the game planning and grit. Hard to believe but can happen. If happens will be quite magical. Wish I was going to be there. Will be loud and awesome.

I don't know. Really don't.

In B1G play is Kinnick back to being a homefield advantage
or
does the every-other-game inconsistency trend trump Kinnick?

I hope it's the former but am expecting the latter.

I don't know. Really don't.

In B1G play is Kinnick back to being a homefield advantage
or
does the every-other-game inconsistency trend trump Kinnick?

I hope it's the former but am expecting the latter.
That's my unfortunate thought right now as well...ultimately, I'm in line with thinking the every other week philosophy prevails. But we will come on strong next week vs nebby after all the head-scratching decisions from this week again get called into question.

Latest posts