What is your level of optimism right now?

What is your level of optimism right now?

• Very optimistic

Votes: 10 11.2%
  • Cautiously optimistic

Votes: 27 30.3%
  • Neutral

Votes: 9 10.1%
  • Slightly pessimistic

Votes: 19 21.3%
  • Very pessimistic

Votes: 24 27.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MeatMan

What level are you at right now?

Super excited and confident
Cautiously confident
Neutral
Slightly pessimistic
Very pissimistic

I'm neutral. No huge expectations this year (much like two years ago with basketball) but expecting a better product. Not expecting more than 6 wins. Excited for the football season to get here, but much lower excitement than any year I can remember other than prior to 2008.

I look at this roster and see talent and hunger. Good things tend to happen to this program when it has that combination. I think my sig says it all.

I'm in the cautiously optimistic category. In terms of wins and losses I expect Iowa will be bowl eligible at the end. There will be some unexpected wins because of how the schedule is arranged, Iowa gets some of the difficult conference games at home other than Ohio State and Nebraska. I look back at the scores of last years losses and believe with offensive improvement and more depth on on defense those can be reversed. I do believe the offensive changes coming this fall will make preparation by opponents harder.

I'm in the cautiously optimistic category. In terms of wins and losses I expect Iowa will be bowl eligible at the end. There will be some unexpected wins because of how the schedule is arranged, Iowa gets some of the difficult conference games at home other than Ohio State and Nebraska. I look back at the scores of last years losses and believe with offensive improvement and more depth on on defense those can be reversed. I do believe the offensive changes coming this fall will make preparation by opponents harder.

I am with you all the way.

7-5, anything better than that is gravy, anything worse I will be disappointed.

Cautiously optimistic. We're better everywhere than we were last year, weather talent wise (both our lines) health (rb's) and mentally/schematically (offense) our safties suck (tanner miller) our team's expected to be crappy so going to a bowl would exceed most expectations. I think we go to a bowl and we'll recruit well next year and get momentum. If we dont go to bowl it'll be a slow, slow death.

I look at this roster and see talent and hunger. Good things tend to happen to this program when it has that combination. I think my sig says it all.
And I look at the same players and see very little talent, almost no depth to speak of anywhere on the roster, and a killer schedule (7th or 8th toughest in the country according to one place that I was reading) and think it could take an absolute miracle to match last year's 4 wins.

I suppose anything better than last year is a win for the program and anything worse than last year should be a win for KF wallet/accomplishment ratio. So either way we end up things will stay the same.

Very pessimistic it all starts at the top and the staff has given no indication they can do anything to right the ship.

Chances of winning the Big Ten? Very pessimistic.

Chances of a winning season/going to a bowl? Cautiously optimistic.

I'm rather pessimistic about this year's squad. Would love to be optimistic, but logic dictates otherwise. Losing Hyde and Davis hurts, quarterback is a complete mystery, and our defensive line will be young and inexperienced. When you have an inexperienced QB and an inexperienced defensive line it doesn't bode well. If you factor in Kirk's ridiculous conservatism along with Davis' horrible offense it's just not going to be good. I would LOVE to say I expect 6 or 7 wins, but I'd be surprised if we top last year's total. The schedule is much harder this season, and we just don't have the talent.

I expect 9 wins and a January bowl with the pay the man in charge makes, so thinking we will be lucky to win 5 or 6 puts me in the slightly pessimistic category. I know he can lead us to great seasons is the only reason I am in the slightly category.

Very pissamistic. We will start a QB who wasn't good enough to relieve one of the worst QBs in the country last year. We will not be good.

Very pissamistic. We will start a QB who wasn't good enough to relieve one of the worst QBs in the country last year. We will not be good.

good god, will some of you guys ever get it. Vandy is not a lousy QB.

He had a 25/7 TD to INT ratio in 2011, and he's been invited to NFL camp wth the Vikings in 2013.

IT WAS FREAKING GREG DAVIS THAT KILLED HIS GAME in 2012 !!!!

Latest posts