What is the word on Jok?

He has been out of the game for awhile

[ame=http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=E4V3WmBiRCw]YouTube - Yung Joc - I Know You See It [Feat. Brandy "Ms. B" Hambrick][/ame]

If he demonstrates this year that his knee issues are behind him, then I might take a chance on him. Otherwise, with our dearth of openings, I would look elsewhere. We need a bona fide stud to take it to the next level.

Another board said Iowa has scheduled Austin Price for a visit. With only one scholarship, it doesn't seem Iowa is waiting on Jok. If his knee doesn't come around in time, maybe he could walk on at Iowa.

I doubt that he wants to come here badly enough to walk on when he does have other legitimate offers. I think Bo is wooing him, for one.

In his current physical condition, Bo's walk the ball up the court, stand around on the perimeter and release back to defense as soon as the shot goes up style is a better fit than Fran's 40 minutes of chaos.

If he demonstrates this year that his knee issues are behind him, then I might take a chance on him. Otherwise, with our dearth of openings, I would look elsewhere. We need a bona fide stud to take it to the next level.

What school do you make scholarship decisions for? And how is you'll determine if his knee issues are behind him before proceeding with this offer? I also see mention with/about various players, regardless of sports, the reference to 'next level'. Please talk more about this next level as it sounds like an awesome place.

I don't know if I speak for everyone, but I think it's cool that we have a bonafid basketball scholarship decision maker posting on this board.

What school do you make scholarship decisions for? And how is you'll determine if his knee issues are behind him before proceeding with this offer? I also see mention with/about various players, regardless of sports, the reference to 'next level'. Please talk more about this next level as it sounds like an awesome place.

I don't know if I speak for everyone, but I think it's cool that we have a bonafid basketball scholarship decision maker posting on this board.

Misterlucky is Kirk Speraw... duh.

Both Rivals and ESPN Recruiting have Iowa offering Peter Jok. If that's not good enough for you then stuff it.
Basketball Recruiting - Peter Jok - Player Profiles - ESPN
If either of those sites has an article that quotes someone as saying he has a standing offer from Iowa then that is one thing. But when I looked at Scout's site it had a check mark next to Iowa for having an offer. To me, if there is nothing with someone saying he has an offer how do we know someone just didn't check a box in the wrong column?

If he had an offer, wouldn't a site that does what those do have a story about it? We have one scholarship to give and he has a bad knee. If he had an offer I am thinking he would have accepted so he would know his bad knee wouldn't keep him from getting a good offer. Of course, maybe we aren't the school for him. But I just find it unlikely we have a current offer out to him with only one left to give when we can probably find a player that is better than him, no slight intended and injury-free.

Are you really this clueless? He does still have a year of HS ball to play. His performance throughout his season will indicate whether or not his knees are sound.

The next level is an awesome place, as you so cleverly recognized. Very adept for a smarmy db. I have every hope that Coach McCaffery will take us there. BTW, I correctly spelled bona fide for you. You should have at least been able to get that right.

Are you really this clueless? He does still have a year of HS ball to play. His performance throughout his season will indicate whether or not his knees are sound.

The next level is an awesome place, as you so cleverly recognized. Very adept for a smarmy db. I have every hope that Coach McCaffery will take us there. BTW, I correctly spelled bona fide for you. You should have at least been able to get that right.

Thanks for correcting my spelling; it is appreciated. I didn't mean to come across as smarmy. I had questions after reading your post and want answers. You did your best, but I fear I irritated you with my questions.

Though you didn't directly answer the question, I'm going to infer you make or help make scholarship decisions for the University of Iowa. If I'm incorrect with this assumption I apologize. And my apology is bona fide (see, I learned).

diesel-jock-strap-rose-fresh.jpg

At the risk of being banned for high jacking this thread... I googled Jok and this came up! No really, it did Jon!:eek::D:p

Seriously Ronco, knock it off. You always do this. Ronco always comes riding in telling the posters on HN that they shouldn't speak their "if I was coach" opinion. Well guess what Ronco? This is a sports blog and that's what people do. Get it through your thick skull.

Latest posts