What is the NCAA policy on revoking

I

Ian Pike Hammer

a scholarship offer to a player/athlete? Is a Div. 1 school obligated to maintain the offer for a full 4 yrs? What if it wanted to revoke an offer to a player?

Pulling anyone's scholly for lack of living up to anyone's expectations when the kid is obviously working his ass off and doing the best he can would be horse shit. It isn't the kid's fault the staff thought he was good enough to warrant receiving one.

Dailey has one more year... at this point you’d have to bring in a transfer or a juco if this actually happened.

What Juco or transfer would want to come in if Moss is still here and we have Joe at the other wing?

Does the University usually follow your direction on these type of matters?

M.DAILEY PER GAME STATS:

MIN.= 14.4
Pts= 3.3
2 PtFG%= 36.7
3 Pt FG%= 21.1
Asst.= 1.1
Steals= 0.3
REB.= 1.5
BLOCKS= 0.0
T.O.= 0.7

I understand that each player has their own skill set, but for the mins he's getting, he ain't bringing much to the table! How good would it be to have another schollie to hand out for a transfer at the end of the year, maybe land a 4****?

Scholarships are 1 years deals, not a guarantee of 4-5 years free education. Don't see may pulled ever, unless there is a academic or legal issue

Oh that would be a good recruiting tool. Your scholarship is for one year and may be revoked if not deemed good enough. Sure to get some great players that way. Others schools wouldn't use that against us would they? About the stupidest thing I've seen on here yet. You can quietly let them know that you wouldn't be opposed to transfer but revoke their scholarship because of quality of play, hell no. They came here because we recruited them and they turned down other offers to come here. Fire the recruiter, not the player.

Or you can be Gene Keady and just bounce four pieces of dead weight off the team in one year. He did that in 1989. Keith Stewart, Bill Reid, Jeff Arnold, Steve Brugos, gone.

When you had fifteen schollies instead of thirteen you could afford to do that. It didn't hurt to be Gene Keady, either. Oh, and Purdue was back in the NCAA'S the following year as well.

Oh that would be a good recruiting tool. Your scholarship is for one year and may be revoked if not deemed good enough. Sure to get some great players that way. Others schools wouldn't use that against us would they? About the stupidest thing I've seen on here yet. You can quietly let them know that you wouldn't be opposed to transfer but revoke their scholarship because of quality of play, hell no. They came here because we recruited them and they turned down other offers to come here. Fire the recruiter, not the player.

If memory serves, he committed to Rutgers, but pulled out b/c of a coaching change. We didn't recruit him.

Scholarships are 1 years deals, not a guarantee of 4-5 years free education. Don't see may pulled ever, unless there is a academic or legal issue
There is nearly never an announcement that a scholarship is not being renewed, but rest assured when an underperforming scholarship athlete decides to transfer to a lower level program, he was given some help in arriving at that decision.

Pretty low of the coaching staff if they pulled his scholarship. They recruited him and I'm sure he's trying as hard as he can. As far as getting a four-star to replace him good luck with that.

Typically doesn't happen in the NCAA if just basing on performance. Like mentioned above it just doesn't look good and it would be used against a coach or program so bad. Not worth it. It is also an admittance that a player was recruited poorly and maybe the coach isn't the best evaluator of talent. That wouldn't be good.

Now if a player F'ed up or something, that's an entirely different deal.

This doesnt happen much in Bball hardly at all. If you are the 13th option on the bench and a senior then you need to be a good practice player and teammate. but coaches hardly ever get to put the end of the bench in a game. Now, if you need a schollie to give to the best pt guard you might ever recruit I could see a coach running off a player.

But football is another story all the over recruiting in the SEC and south makes it so that schollie players get forced out. I am pretty sure Saban does it as many big time coaches who have rosters chocked full of great recruits who maybe havent panned out. Those top teams also lose a lot of players early to the pros, academics, etc so they need to replenish with recruits.

I am really glad Iowa doesnt do this as far as I know of because first off it is an academic institution.

Latest posts