What is the minimum?

45 or more. Based on what we saw from the offense in the first half last week, there's no excuse for not putting up big numbers this week.

50. Indiana put up 73 last week against Indiana State who finished 7-4 last season, 73 let that one sink in for awhile. MO State lost 23-17 against a Northwestern State team that finished 4-7 last year.

I was going to say 72 - 9 TD with two point conversions. No punts, no XPs, no FGs. Only time a kicker comes on is for kickoffs. I want the bench cleared so that some random walk on from Charles City who doesn't even get his name on his jersey gets in the game in the fourth.

The thing is their coach has Iowa roots so I'm wondering if the KF classy coach method will come into effect. I don't see this going over 50 pts, if that is the case.

Well, Minnesota scored over 50 on UNLV, and Indiana tallied over 70 on Missouri State's conference colleague, Indiana State, so I'd say if Iowa doesn't at least break 60, the Hawks will, again, have under achieved.

If Bielema were coaching Iowa, the score might hit triple digits. With Ferentz, I wouldn't be surprised if Iowa doesn't even get into the 40s.

But, of course, this scheduling embarrassment should not even be happening. I don't know how Ferentz or Barta can find anything sporting about this Missouri State game. If I were Ferentz, I would refuse to count it in the won-loss record. Treat it like the scrimmage it is. Sad, sad, sad when Iowa has to resort to facing Missouri State to finally win a game.

I want to see the 1st team score 35 in the first half. After that, I hope the 2nd string plays the whole second half and puts up at least 17.

That's 52, which I think might be a realistic number this week, given Mo State's talent.

Who cares? I can't think of a more irrelevant football game played by Iowa in years.

No game can be irrelevant when you have lost 7 straight games. Iowa needs to win A GAME. I would love to see Iowa score 40 or more points, after putting up 27 against a good NIU team. More importantly, I would like to see our receivers and tight ends have a solid game.

If we don't score 5 TDs against this team it's gonna be a long season. If we're somehow under 30 points...it should remove any question about where the program is today. And begin a job search in Gary Barta's office.

Latest posts