What if?

Notice I did say Bahwinkle 2.0. I don't mean clone. But you guys need to go back and look at Bahwinkle's recruiting info. He was actually higher rated than Josh. Josh might have more of a midrange game than Bawinkle had at Iowa, but that is still to be seen. Much more was expected of Devan.

Notice I did say Bahwinkle 2.0. I don't mean clone. But you guys need to go back and look at Bahwinkle's recruiting info. Josh will have more of a midrange game than Bahwinkle had at Iowa.

If Josh takes 2 or 3 shots from midrange, he'll have more midrange game than Bahwinkle had at Iowa...

If Josh takes 2 or 3 shots from midrange, he'll have more midrange game than Bahwinkle had at Iowa...

I actually do think the number we're looking for is three. I really liked Wink (I had a class with him, he's a pretty good guy), just a REALLY one-dimensional player.

I actually do think the number we're looking for is three. I really liked Wink (I had a class with him, he's a pretty good guy), just a REALLY one-dimensional player.

Yep, I agree. No disrespect to Bawinkel on my part. He had some outstanding games as a Hawkeye.

Yep, I agree. No disrespect to Bawinkel on my part. He had some outstanding games as a Hawkeye.

He did indeed, but he was either really on, or couldn't hit anything. Overall, I believe he shot in the lower 30%'s from three, so even his one dimension wasn't all that dependable. We need some outside shooters that can be more around the 40% mark.. I have high hopes that Oglesby can fill the bill.

Oglesby is a much higher ranked prospect than Bawinkel,who was passed up by all the Big Ten teams with only Beilein out in West Va willing to take him.
Josh was offered by Minny,Wisky and Illinois...Weber really wanted him.
Josh will be more Jake Kelly-like than Gatens is...handles well with both hands,and has deceptive quicks. I call Gatens a power-guard,whereas Josh will be more of a traditional pure shooting guard,who handles and passes well.
I guarantee that he will get to the free throw line more than Bawinkel. Bawinkel was a statistical oddity,that probably will never be replicated at Iowa...ever.

Matt is WAYY stronger than Josh. Watch PTL this summer. Josh has no desire to mix it up inside with stronge players. Now some people would prefer Matt not do that as much, because he has some difficulty finishing. But if he can get fouled it is almost always good. If Josh gets to the line he will be good. But he is mostly a perimeter guy who will pass before driving.

By mix it up inside, do you mean get his **** handed to him each time he drives? If so, then I like what I hear.

Well the Katenda visit to Iowa should be over now so maybe we will soon hear something if the kid tweets. If so let's hope the only bird song he is tweeting is the Iowa fight song.

Latest posts