What if....

cygnusx1

All this talk about KF leaving for PSU once JoePa retires had some real traction to it.

Who would be your top 5 coaching candidates?

Mine (without thinking to hard):

1) Chris Peterson
2) Bret Beliema (spelling?)
3) Bob Stoops
4) Mike Stoops
5) Pat Fitzgerald

In another thread I poo-poo'd the idea of KF leaving for PSU to replace Joe Pa when he retires. I'm less certain that's such a far-fetched idea. To be blunt, KF has seemed distracted on the sideline during recent games and his "coach-speak" seems to be colder and more coach-speak than usual in recent pressers. Is something up? I still don't think he leaves but, hey, stranger things have happened.

As far as a replacement, if and when one becomes necessary, I don't see any of the coaches on your list leaving to come to Iowa.

All this talk about KF leaving for PSU once JoePa retires had some real traction to it.

Who would be your top 5 coaching candidates?

Mine (without thinking to hard):

1) Chris Peterson
2) Bret Beliema (spelling?)
3) Bob Stoops
4) Mike Stoops
5) Pat Fitzgerald

What talk? Message board talk?

Those are unrealistic picks... I would never want Mike Stoops, don't think Chris Peterson would be a good hire (see Dan Hawkins), Pat Fitz isn't going to start coaching a school he hates, and big game Bob isn't leaving Ok when it just got easier to win.

KF is here for a while, and we are damn lucky to have him. It is very possible KF retires with Iowa.

I agree wholeheartedly, it took alot of guts and determination for Kirk to take over this program, considering the shape it was in at the time and I appreciate the job that he's done resurecting Iowa football; I would hate to see him go if he did.

This isn't an anti-KF question, just a question.

It is a stupid question though.

Although I will agree with you that his demeanor does seem a little off... I think there may be some things outside of football or outside of the games that are bothering him. Who know.

Based on some of the posts I've read on here recently, I think more than a handful of candidates feel that they're much more capable candidates that could do more than Kirk could. Hope the sarcasm wasn't too strong, but honestly I don't want to think about him leaving.

It is a stupid question though.

Although I will agree with you that his demeanor does seem a little off... I think there may be some things outside of football or outside of the games that are bothering him. Who know.

There are no stupid questions.

I live in a country where I have the freedom to ask any question that I want.
I'm going to let Rick know that I'm being harrassed by by individuals that do not believe in freedom of speech; who are behaving in an "un-american" way, then you will have to deal with HIM.

I don't know if I should tell him now, or wait till after the bowl game; I probably shouldn't take the the chance; Rick knowing that Hawkeyenation has been infiltrated by communists may have an adverse effect on his performance, and you don't want that hanging over your head.

I think I'm going to wait- I don't know.

I'm not sure why everyone needs to have a flippin coronary here. It's not like Ferentz is going to be here for another 20 years is it? The guy makes millions of dollars and is set financially for the rest of his life. What else is there for him to prove in life? Oh wait, A NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP.

I bleed black and gold just like the rest of you and would love for us to win one in my lifetime but we need to be a little realistic with ourselves. Iowa attracts solid 3 star and a handful of 4 star players. PSU signs between six and fifteen 4 stars every year and a 5 star mixed in for good measure. And all of this with a coach that is so old .....how old is he?......he's so old that when he reads the Bible he reminisces.

I personally don't think that Ferentz will leave for another college gig and staying in conference probably isn't that likely but if he were to leave this would be my list:

1) Bob Stoops - hasn't changed nor will it. The guy is a stud
2) Bret Bielema - I don't think KOK would be safe
3 thru 9 don't exist
10) Dabo Swinney - he needs a good OC to come with him though

I'm not sure why everyone needs to have a flippin coronary here. It's not like Ferentz is going to be here for another 20 years is it? The guy makes millions of dollars and is set financially for the rest of his life. What else is there for him to prove in life? Oh wait, A NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP.

I bleed black and gold just like the rest of you and would love for us to win one in my lifetime but we need to be a little realistic with ourselves. Iowa attracts solid 3 star and a handful of 4 star players. PSU signs between six and fifteen 4 stars every year and a 5 star mixed in for good measure. And all of this with a coach that is so old .....how old is he?......he's so old that when he reads the Bible he reminisces.

I personally don't think that Ferentz will leave for another college gig and staying in conference probably isn't that likely but if he were to leave this would be my list:

1) Bob Stoops - hasn't changed nor will it. The guy is a stud
2) Bret Bielema - I don't think KOK would be safe
3 thru 9 don't exist
10) Dabo Swinney - he needs a good OC to come with him though

This is why I think it's possible KF would choose to leave. Still think it's unlikely, though.

KF isn't leaving. He just needs to replace some of his coaching staff.

If you subscribe to the theory, like I do, the Iowa coaching staff teaches and executes gameplans based upon what KF wants, then we'll have to agree to disagree changing the assistant coaches is really going to matter.

Exactly,

I believe the talent has reached the next level; the talent at the skill positions, at least on offense, has never been better.

Recruiting has continued to ramp up.

It's time for the caching to catch up.

It is a silly question, but people do make some valid points on here. Whether they are reading past the gestures, hell if I know, which isn't much. But to answer the question of what if, I would really like to see Harbaugh here. Not sure if he would or not, but if he can get players with the academic standards there I think he might be able to do a fine job here....just sayn.

Latest posts