What if? (From 2010)

Section136

What if Spievey had decided to come back and Dace applied for and was granted a 6th year? Do we go 10-2 or do we still have those end of game collapses and let downs?

Note- I left out Bulaga returning because he was a 1st round pick. 1st round picks rarely stick around for their senior season.

What if Clayborn, Klug, and Ballard were all juniors and decided to come back for their senior years this year.

What if Shonn Greene didn't opt for the NFL after the 2008 season...do we win the NC with Shonn Greene and the team that starts 9-0 and goes to the Orange Bowl.

What if "ifs and butts were candy and nuts"...what happens then?

If we are doing what if's then I would be more interested in these two...

...we had not sat on the ball at the end of the ISU game.

...we had played a spread offense the entire game against PSU.

For those things to happen, you would need:

What if Kirk Ferentz was hit by a bus after the Tenn Tech game...

What if Clayborn, Klug, and Ballard were all juniors and decided to come back for their senior years this year.

What if Shonn Greene didn't opt for the NFL after the 2008 season...do we win the NC with Shonn Greene and the team that starts 9-0 and goes to the Orange Bowl.

I think Iowa would have went undefeated in the regular season but since there were two other undefeateds Texas/Alabama, they may not have went to the NC.

I think Iowa would have went undefeated in the regular season but since there were two other undefeateds Texas/Alabama, they may not have went to the NC.

I think if we had Shonn Greene we would have been rolling mothers out there. There's a good chance we would have gotten the nod over Texas.

The scenario I listed was actually possible. This one is not. Its not like I magically made guys younger to fit my scenario.

Just something I was thinking about.

Never considered the possiblity of Amari being on last year's team. Wow, that would have been a damn salty defensive backfield: Sash, Greenwood, Prater, Spievey! 3 NFLers (counting on SP to make it) plus Greenwood stuck in the Steelers camp right up til the 2nd to last week of preseason, right?

I like to dream that had Greene come back, we would have rolled everyone. Man he was only half-way ready to start 2008. Can't imagine if he was 100% for the whole year, then add a more veteran Stanzi at the helm in 2009 and look out!

funny_gif_collection_03.gif

I will agree with you that the 1st what-if may have changed an outcome.

The second what-if would not have made a difference. In that game Iowa tried spread sets, pro-sets, traditional huddle, no-huddle...they were not successful with any of it. PSU plays a defense like Iowa; be conservative and make the opponents out-execute you. Iowa's execution was not up to snuff that day, it had little to do with the plays that were called. If Iowa receivers had held onto the 6 balls they dropped, and if Iowa defenders had successfully knocked down or intercepted the 4 balls they got their hands on in the first quarter alone, the result would have been different.

The biggest what-if for the PSU game is what if they still had Adam Robinson? You need to beat PSU with dink-and-dunk because it is nearly impossible to beat their zone-coverage over the top. Adam Robinson is a great dink-and-dunk back, and could definitely have made a difference.

We would of jumped Texas. The computer polls really hated them last year. If Stanzi doesn't go down against NW we might of been heading to the NCG.

We would of jumped Texas. The computer polls really hated them last year. If Stanzi doesn't go down against NW we might of been heading to the NCG.

And let's be honest...if we had Shonn Greene....they wouldn't be running a bootleg from their own endzone...soo no Stanzi injury....instead Greene breaks a 94 yd TD run and we're up 17-0 (or 7 or whatever it was)

Latest posts