WHAT IDIOT SCHEDULED OUR GAME AGAINST OREGON???

GVGiant44

After playing an evening game on Saturday, the hallowed tradition of moving Iowa all the way up to the front of the line for their 2nd-round game has been maintained. We play Oregon Monday morning at 11 AM on CBS.

I thought they quit doing this crap long ago. It seemed to be a preferred tactic of the NCAA in the Tom Davis days to make Iowa either a later game, or once even THE final game of the evening. Then two days later, we are the first game off in round two. Back then, we were often playing a #1 seed like Duke. This time, all we get is a well-rested regular season champion of a conference that dominated the first round of the tournament.

After all these years, I knew making the Sweet 16 would not be easy. We just have to find a way anyhow. GO HAWKS!!

Thow in the fact that Oregon did not need to play their late game on Sat and its even more unfair. Oregon will be well rested and Iowa will be tired.

Also throw in the fact that Oregon is a west coast team and the start time is really odd. MD vs Bama might have been a better choice for an early start.

Finally throw in the fact that Monday is a work day for most people and it makes you wonder why any of the games are at 11am.

If Iowa is tired for this game it’s on our coaches and players. They will have had 1.75 days between games. No excuses. Put up or shut up. I will go to work tomorrow and tell my supervisor that I’m taking a half day of vacation. My apologies to those of you who aren’t able to do that.

If Iowa is tired for this game it’s on our coaches and players. They will have had 1.75 days between games. No excuses. Put up or shut up. I will go to work tomorrow and tell my supervisor that I’m taking a half day of vacation. My apologies to those of you who aren’t able to do that.
This. No way should this team be tired for an 11 am game on Monday.

Quit getting worked up people. It's not good for your hearts. It just sucks most of us will be at work and we can't throw shit or yell or drink for that matter. Damnit, now I'm getting worked up.....Forgot to mention it was Lunardi who scheduled this game ;)

I'm glad I'm not a teacher 'cause I wouldn't get to watch the game. Wait...:mad:

Hope you don't get a case of the flu

Recreation krank sick GIF - Find on GIFER

Hope you don't get a case of the flu

Recreation krank sick GIF - Find on GIFER
I just told my wife that I'm honestly worried about really getting sick. I'd be called out and get ripped on for faking. People would be pissed. Not sure I should care. :)

I'm lesson planning right now to try to get some time to watch the game. My daughter said we should watch the game in class and practice adding when someone scores and subtracting to figure out how many points someone is ahead by. Also: Percentages? Ratios? Counting the number if fucks I give that I'm not teaching?

One should take precautions

If someone is worried about getting sick

It is time to do the wise thing

And back off and fight the feeling at home

Whether or not one chooses to watch the Hawks while
recuperating

Is a personal choice

I will be working but will have easy access to Dolph and Hansen on the radio call.

Thow in the fact that Oregon did not need to play their late game on Sat and its even more unfair. Oregon will be well rested and Iowa will be tired.

Also throw in the fact that Oregon is a west coast team and the start time is really odd. MD vs Bama might have been a better choice for an early start.

Finally throw in the fact that Monday is a work day for most people and it makes you wonder why any of the games are at 11am.
If people honestly think fatigue will be a factor after our easy win we should hope for a Friday exit from BTT every year.

I think CST is an advantage. How many times has Oregon played at 9:00?

I think 8 games on Monday with basically 2 being during the heart of the workday is preferable to a normal year when half a dozen Thursday games are during work hours.

Excuses are for wusses.
Amen,

I think Hawkeye fans are used to being disappointed so they try to cushion the emotional blow by having built in low expectations.

Works great for coaching longevity and AD’s from Wyoming. Not so much for coaches from the SEC................... gee I wonder why that is?

I only wish it was after 4 so I could watch it at home on my big screen instead of on my computer at work....

I actually think if anything it's in our favor. That's pretty darn early for those west coasters to be up hooping. Even if they've been over there for a while already that takes some getting used to. 1 hour different isn't a big deal but jumping that far sure is. At least for me it would be.

Latest posts